Why I Hate Religion

by Christ Alone 136 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

I know this is a few months old. But I think it's profound to people that still think like the WT trained them to think. Even after coming out of the WT, they still feel that all Christians believe that they ALONE have the true religion or denomination. While we, as Christians, do believe that Jesus is the ONLY way, truth, and life, we do NOT believe that you have to belong to our personal denomination or religion. All that believe in Jesus alone are saved, no matter the denomination.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IAhDGYlpqY

• james_woods
    james_woods

Once again, Christ Alone - who are you, and why are you here.

You sound like an opportunistic evangalist to me - rather than a person with any interest in the JWN rationale.

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

I'm just a servant of Christ. But I also was raised as a JW and unfortunately have a wife who is still stuck in the cult.

As far as the JWN rationale, that doesn't make any sense. Everyone is different here and has different belief systems. So there is no single JWN rationale.

I am not ashamed in my faith in Christ. And it has gotten me through the hell of leaving the WT. And He continues to help me through the trials that I am going through with my wife being stuck. So I will continue to post things that I feel will help Christians and others that are disillusioned about Christianity because of the WT. And I will not be ashamed about it.

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

And to comment on what you said on the other thread, I will post my story very soon. You seem to be very accusatory toward me already as being an "evangelistic opportunist". Sounds like you like to stereotype without hearing about someone first. Very WT like. I'm surprised. Especially with someone with almost 8500 posts. I'd have thought you would have matured past that by now.

• james_woods
    james_woods
    And to comment on what you said on the other thread, I will post my story very soon. You seem to be very accusatory toward me already as being an "evangelistic opportunist".

Well, you started out by evangalizing rather than by making an introduction. So, by my logic, your evangalism opportunity was more important to you than making an introduction of yourself.

Right here, right now - would be a good place to start the introduction if you would like.

If you have not observed this forum very long - let me just make the note that it is not a very receptive place if you want to "preach" to the posters here. Everybody here has had quite enough "preaching to" already.

• botchtowersociety
    botchtowersociety

Jesus started a religion. You'll have to take it up with Him.

• Diest
    Diest

First off welcome.

Overall I found that to be an underwhelming video. I had seen it before you posted it and while part of the message is ok. Jesus is the foundation for the religion. If he is a god/son of god and not a fictitious human, then he has done a poor job reigning in his followers who act in his name. You cannot claim to be devine and then leave behind a legacy of a terrible bunch of Christians.

Blame Paul if you want, but it does not appear that 'god' has done much to fix the problems left behind.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Well CA, what brings u here

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Hello Christ Alone and welcome to the forum.

Perhaps you can take a minute to understand where James_woods is coming from. Primarily this forum exists I'd say, to help and support people who are leaving/damaged by/hurt by/ disillusioned with the WTBS. Some of the newbies that come as you saw on the other thread where you posted are very vulnerable. We get a fair amount of JW apologists here too, as well as our share of trolls and salespeople. We kind of get to know quite quickly who belongs in which 'camp' if you like....and most people have lurked for a while and kind of understand the etiquette. It's a kind of courtesy situation I suppose.

That said, often people post the odd comment for a while until they feel ready to introduce themselves, and that's ok too. In your case it's almost as if without saying 'hello' you have entered the arena and begun with some campaigning for your personal brand of faith. Well, I'm not judging your faith and I doubt that James is either. There are, as you say, a mix of beliefs and non beliefs on here. But you might fare better and be accepted more kindly if you just go a little more gently? It's a little 'full on' to so strongly impose yet another alternative religious ideal on a thread seeking advice re marrying a JW, maybe?

So, welcome aboard, and I hope that perhaps you can understand James' protective attitude to our forum. To us you see you are a complete stranger whose agenda we're not sure of yet. We're a nice bunch in the main and try to look out for each other and the weak and vulnerable newbies too.

Ok?

Loz x

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

James, I totally get what you are saying. But I'm not preaching AT anyone. Just giving advice in case they are a Bible believer and would like to hear what the Bible says. That's it. As you can see I hate religion. But I believe in a strong relationship with Jesus and other people that love Him.

Botchtower, Jesus did not "start" a religion. He came to show us how to have a relationship with God. If you watched the video, it makes a profound point. Christianity is a work of God, but religion is a work of men. Relgion says "Do". Jesus says, "Done".

Religion is man searching for God. But Christianity is God searching for man.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit