As a JW child, were you afraid to swallow your own blood?

by biometrics 24 Replies latest jw friends

• TOTH
    TOTH

Oh HELLYA! I used to suck on a cut on a finger or something to lessen the pain, then get the hell slapped outta me for it. I like how it tastes though and would do it in my room. Then I would be all guilt ridden, thinking I was doomed to die at the BIG A! WTF...

• 3dogs1husband
    3dogs1husband

yes...the dentist was a nightmare!

• Chemical Emotions
    Chemical Emotions

Even as a JW I've been fascinated with blood. I was afraid of swallowing it sometimes, but not other times. I actually enjoyed the taste and secretely bit my lip and the inside of my cheek occasionally to get it. Recently, I popped my bleeding finger into my mouth to lick off some blood, without thinking, and freaked a JW out. Oops.

• Bubblegum Apotheosis
    Bubblegum Apotheosis

Yes, why were we afraid of this?

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Wow, yes! My mom had me so freaked out when I was losing my baby teeth, " Spit out the blood! Don't swallow the blood!"

Fucked up!

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Wow, I'm a born-in, had nosebleeds all the time as a child and this never crossed my mind. Yeah, I swallowed with no fear. Ain't it crazy what a cult can do to a child?

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Yes, I swallowed my own blood when I had a cut in my mouth...but it felt strange. I always wondered if I was breaking "Jehovah's law on blood".

• Disillusioned Lost-Lamb
    Disillusioned Lost-Lamb

Nope.

Even as a kid I reasoned that God said not to eat animal blood or another humans blood, but nothin' about my own.

• cantleave
    cantleave

You have just awakened a memory with that question. I remember when I was quite small, swallowing blood from a bleeding finger and being wracked with guilt for days.

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

yes had that fear! I remember the 1st time I got a paper cut and put my finger in my mouth and didn't feel I just sinned

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit