As a JW child, were you afraid to swallow your own blood?

by biometrics 24 Replies latest jw friends

• biometrics
    biometrics

Growing up as a JW born-in during the 1980s I distinctly remember cutting my tounge. I was afraid to swallow my blood, thinking that if I even swallowed one drop I woudn't make it to the new system. So I kept spitting the blood out. I asked some brothers about this, they said it was ok if the cut was in my mouth. Then I asked if I cut my finger is it ok to lick the blood, they couldn't answer that one.

Did anyone else have this fear of their own blood as a JW child?

• hoser
    hoser

yep

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

Oh,yes,I remember getting nosebleeds and thought it sinful if some got in my mouth.

• dog is god
    dog is god

Never, because it was my blood and I was just putting it back where it was supposed to be.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

I remember AS AN ADULT---my finger got snagged and I popped it in my mouth without thinking. well it was bleeding---and the thought even crossed my mind then!

NC

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Oh, oh---and I had a friend whose toddler fell down and she cut the inside of her mouth. We grabbed a popsicle for the little one (applying ice) and my friend got a really worried look on her face and asked me if that counted as eating blood.

Crazy stuff.

NC

• 3dogs1husband
  • mrsbynum
    mrsbynum

Yup. I remember in 5th grade the boy next to me cut his knee. He started wiping the blood off with his finger and licking it. I FREAKED the f@ck out! I was all, "NO! You can't do that! That's not right!!" He just looked at me confused and said, "It's my blood."

Nowadays however, I'm a rare, bloody, steak eatin' fiend! LOL!

• journey-on
    journey-on

Yes...growing up JW was chock full of all kinds of things to feel guilty about, not the least of which was sucking on a bloody cut on your finger and knowing that was one more mark against the chances of surviving Armageddon.

• Tater-T
    Tater-T

I remember as a kid when we got a bloody nose we had to lean forward and let it drain, ... when it was common to hold your head back..

does any one remember this.. and YES I was afraid of my own blood..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit