How the house of cards comes crashing down, in the WTS' own words.

by poopsiecakes 61 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• undercover
    undercover

why didn't God just restore the paradise after the flood?

Obviously God isn't perfect. Look at his creation. It's like a computer. Pretty well designed and does a good job, but it does fail from time to time. And it has to be rebooted and defraged every so often to clear out the junk and get everything back in order so it can operate at optimal speed once again.

Now that Steve Jobs has gone to heaven, maybe he can update the operating system. Be on the lookout for iHeaven and iParadise, coming to an Eve's Apple store near you...

• poopsiecakes
  • poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

ooh ooh I found another one...

History shows that rivalry and prejudice have long stood in the way of any hope for unity, and religion has often done much to fan the flames of conflict rather than extinguish them. “Anything that divides people can spawn hostility, and religion is one of the strongest dividers,” writes journalist James A. Haught. “Despite the universal belief that religion makes people ‘good,’ it’s obvious that it makes some people commit heinous acts.” Author Steven Weinberg holds a similar view. “For good people to do evil,” he writes, “that takes religion.”

http://www.watchtower.org/e/20071201/article_01.htm

What about shunning? What about cutting people off socially and financially when they just want to live their lives without following the JW religion? What about descending all gestapo like to a sick person's hospital bedside to make sure they don't accept a blood transfusion and standing guard? What about printing in their literature that if you don't attend all the meetings at the KH, your shirt will get caught in the door at Armageddon and you may not make it through? I can't believe they quoted Weinberg on this...talk about slipping down an ugly slope...

• steve2
    steve2

Adam had a brother, Mark, Eve a sister, Martha. Neither Mark nor Martha got taken in by a hissssss-talking snake. They did not break any of the Jehovian rules found in the early chapter of Genesis.

I am one of the few living descendants of this remarkably sinless couple. All you other suckers need to get on your sinfully bended knees in thanks to a demi-god who bizarrely offered himself as a blood sacrifice so you could live forever. He will speak to you personally so that no matter how deluded the act of bloody sacrifice for the sins of your mother and father sound you will be immovably and rigidly convinced his words are the God-s-honest "Truth". You will cry buckets of earnest tears over what this demi-god on a cross (or stake - picky, picky) means to you. Your tears will be all the proof you need.

As I said, suckers......

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

It's too bad they don't actually THINK about what they're saying in those passages....

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

LOL Steve

Palmykins - I know...if they actually read their stuff as if they had never heard of it before, they'd probably (at some point) realize how utterly loony they sound.

• dog is god
    dog is god

Since there is proof the the "flood" was authored hundreds of years before the bible's writing (Epic of Gilgamesh) as many other bible "stories" are. How can the WT say anything about anything? The bible is one of the best plegeristic writings of all time.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

"Geologists studying the landscape of the northwestern United States believe that as many as 100 ancient catastrophic floods once washed over the area. One such flood is said to have roared through the region with a wall of water 2,000 feet high, traveling at 65 miles an hour—a flood of 500 cubic miles of water, weighing more than two trillion tons. Similar findings have led other scientists to believe that a global flood is a distinct possibility."

Typical Watchtower quote. Make an insane comment without any reference to who these so called scientists are.

• N.drew
  • poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

oh dog!! Don't you know that this is proof positive that it really happened?

jwfacts, this penchant they have for attributing unsubstantiated thoughts to entire groups of people or quoting someone without using their name or the publication they're quoting from was a major pet peeve of a sister I knew years ago. I used to just brush off her irritation and didn't really think it through. Now, I see what she meant and it's become a pet peeve of mine too...what other publishing group can get away with that??

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit