How the house of cards comes crashing down, in the WTS' own words.

by poopsiecakes 61 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• steve2
    steve2

Using big words (e.g., "corresponding ransom") and convoluted reasoning does not turn a fairy story into a true story, nor does taking a fanciful story about a talking snake and bolstering it up with post-hoc "arguments" render the story any less fanciful.

If this were soap powder, we'd see the advertising scam immediately. However, because it is saddled with Big Issues such as Daring to Question God and What Else Is There? we drop our critical faculties and give in the fear-based and wishful thinking. That's certainly what children do when confronted with Big Issues. It's not what adults do - or are capable of doing; namely, using our brains to boot out the bullshit.

• Cadellin
    Cadellin

While the Adam and Eve account may not agree with the theory of evolution, it matches what is known to science.

This little nugget of epistemological double-think comes a little further along. It rests on the fallacy that evolution is not "known to science." That's right, folks, "true science" (as coined by the WTBS) is still not sure whether all presently known species have been shaped by billions of years of natural selection so that they can be grouped taxonomically according to degrees of relatedness, based on the convergence of both DNA and fossil evidence, or whether they all sprang into being some fifty thousand years ago, thus bearing no inherent relatedness to each other, or any meaningful indication of environmental adaptation.

Oh, wait! I forgot--no, no, I've got it wrong. All the species we see today actually evolved from a few pairs on the ark only 4,000 years ago! Yes, yes, that's what's "known to science!"

• Cadellin
    Cadellin

ctrwtf: I like the link you posted, but doesn't it indicate that the genus Homo is about 1.66 million years old? Unless you're being ironic...

• Azazel
    Azazel

It has been a little while since i have read WTS stuff and bloody hell why dont they just get to the point rather than waffle shit to fill the page?????

Guess its years of practise to fill 32 pages x 3 each month now.

Az

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

The arrogance of the WT is astounding, thanks for pointing out that, Cadellin. 'Real science' indeed - pffft.

Ucantknowme - read the quote again...

"Rejecting or trivializing the Genesis account about Adam and Eve creates a domino effect that undermines nearly every major teaching in the Bible! Such a way of thinking leads to a host of unanswered questions and a faith with nothing to stand on."

This is TRUE. For once, I cannot disagree with a black and white statement from the WT. Once you let go of what you've been trained to believe, you realize that it's absolutely true and the fabric of the tapestry unravels very quickly and easily.

WMF, thanks for finding that WT
    The more I thought about it, I knew that they don't throw original thoughts onto their website. They always quote their literature over there. Thanks again!

Jeez just surfing around, they really have a LOT of Awake articles on animals. Has it never occured to them that the more they highlight all of the different species out there, particularly ones indigenous to parts of the world far far away from Mt Ararat, that the flood tale makes no logical sense? And that they're making it so easy to realize it makes no sense?

• mP
    mP

funny how adam means man. doesnt really sound like a real person.

• poopsiecakes
  • AwareBeing
    AwareBeing

Those may be WT's words, but often times they use researched information.

They many times will make impressive references and talk the talk

as if their colleges of outsiders with degrees!

Then there's the occasions where they quietly steel ideas from others,

and may alter it a little and call it "new light" from Jehovah's channel to only them!

I have three books at home that bear this to mind,

and can recall several first to second century writings and or teachings they have

lifted and blackmarket(ed) the ideas to their own said: "God given" credit!

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

Just before I left, I was with our CO at the Assembly. We were talking and he said something that my brain was just startled at. He said "You have to read SO MUCH just to keep your faith strong."

What made it striking for me was that I had already checked out. I KNEW this, but to hear the CO admit that without constant brainwashing, your faith would fade fortified me.

How much value can any one persons faith have if it will disappear if you don't read a WT for a month? Crazy.

The WT is like an accident victim that is bleeding out, and only blood will save it, so they keep pumping their own version of blood into you to keep your faith alive. (yeah, I did that metaphor on purpose. screw them...)

I see REAL faith all around, and I promise you, it isn't what JW's sell.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

If their faith was strong they would have no fear of Apostates. If the Genesis stories were to be taken literally then, if they were from God, they would stand scrutiny.

The problem comes for the WT that if the Adam story is allegorical, then there is no such thing as Original Sin, sin passed on from Adam, so no need for Jesus sacrifice, and no need for Armageddon, all that would be needed would be for a Messiah figure to emerge and teach us how to live, our jewish friends are waiting for him, in the meantime they are trying to live in the best way possible , so as to be ready.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit