How the house of cards comes crashing down, in the WTS' own words.

by poopsiecakes 61 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

the warnings of Peter and Jesus for those living in the last days would be meaningless.

Nah, it will become a symbolical flood. Lol

• designs
    designs

One human prior to Adam blows the whole thing.

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

One human prior to Adam blows the whole thing.

It certainly does!

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

I wonder how many have left the Watchtower and turned atheists due to the these twisted logic and doctrines?

It's kinda hard not to, Vanyell.

And welcome to the board!

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

When I read threads like this I wonder how many of those still in know it is B.S. and only stay in for the sake of their older relatives.

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth
    When I read threads like this I wonder how many of those still in know it is B.S. and only stay in for the sake of their older relatives.
    Or on the contrary, what concerns me is people like my wife who seem to be incapable of critical thinking to see it for what it really is......sigh....
  • poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

I definitely think there's an element of that in the organization, but I think it's relatively rare unfortunately. Most people lap up what's in the WT without ever questioning anything. After all, this information comes directly from God through the GB don't ya know. As soon as questions start niggling in the brain, they're quashed out by cognitive dissonance. The others show up here on JWN *giggle*. I know that I'm generalizing, and I'm sure that each congregation has a few who know it's BS and stay for their own reasons, but that still leaves the vast majority of JW's as the unfortunate followers of twisted logic - and LOVING it.

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

such ideas would befuddle a person’s spiritual senses and endanger his chances of surviving a tribulation greater than the Noachian Flood."

How the fuck can there be a tribluation GREATER than one that killed EVERYTHING on the WHOLE GODDAMN PLANET except for 8 people and what they could fit in a boat?

A zombie apocalypse would be more forgiving.

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

How the fuck can there be a tribluation GREATER than one that killed EVERYTHING on the WHOLE GODDAMN PLANET except for 8 people and what they could fit in a boat?

It's like admitting what they don't want to admit - that Armageddon will mean the death of 6 billion people. That piddly little Noah flood didn't solve or prove anything really, just that there are no qualms in God's eyes when it comes to wiping out 99% of the population in one fell swoop.

Actually, when I think about it - why didn't God just restore the paradise after the flood? His decision to kill everything was because clearly, mankind wasn't capable of governing themselves and needed a spanking. Wasn't this the point of the whole Eden debacle?

oh and hey EP!

• vanyell
    vanyell

One (in)famous person said: "Religion is the opiate of the masses". I guess that is why a lot of JWs are not willing to leave the org, even when something to the contrary is presented to them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit