Infant died from Herpes after Rabbi followed circumcision with oral suction

by rebel8 18 Replies latest jw friends

• rebel8
    rebel8

Yep, you read that right. Not one of religion's finer moments.

It's not considered sexual abuse because it's an old religious rite.

http://cultprevention.blogspot.com/2012/03/infants-death-at-hospital-linked-to.html

• cantleave
    cantleave

That's just disgraceful!

• finally awake
    finally awake

poor little baby

• wasblind
    wasblind

Oh my, that is so sad

As a parent, I too, tried to do somethin' right for my child

in the name of religion, but that particular religion turned

out to be a publishing Co. lookin' for free labor

• rebel8
    rebel8

Apparently baby blood is Kosher?

If a Stone Age book says do it, proceed without hesitation. Don't bother yourself with critical thinking or common sense.

That, and many more snarky comments come to mind.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Sick

Religion sucks ( no pun intended)

• baltar447
    baltar447

EWWWWW OMGWTFBBQ?

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Thats so sad. The poor baby.

• Scully
    Scully

I read about this in Christopher Hitchens' book God Is Not Great (How Religion Poisons Everything) several years ago. I'm appalled that this practice has been allowed to continue, and that the offending Rabbi has not been reported to the Department of Public Health for wilfully transmitting an STI or arrested for endangering the health of newborns and child sexual abuse.

What pissed me off was the decision that the parents' and Rabbis' "freedom of religion" trumped the children's right to not be sexually abused or have a potentially fatal disease transmitted to them.

• Morbidzbaby
    Morbidzbaby

UGH... That poor little baby...

This is absolutely disgusting. I don't care if it's a religious (*cough* cult *cough*) rite, a grown man has no business putting his mouth on an infant's penis!! I personally feel circumcision is wrong and unnecessary except in very very rare cases. So the fact that this little boy died because some old guy decided to cut his penis and then put his dirty old mouth on it... In one way I feel bad for the parents because they trusted this guy and thoguht they were doing what was right by god according to their ancient tradition. On the other hand, I want to smack them upside the head! This man shouldn't be allowed to do any circumcision rituals any more. Unfortunately, regulating this sort of thing would open up a HUGE can of worms within all religions. *sigh*

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit