Does the Watchtower magazine carry more weight than the Bible?

by Sour Grapes 51 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Tater-T
    Tater-T

Do some research on cults and see if they're allowed to do that?

I did some research on cults... found out it doen't have to be one human leader either, though the brother who brought me in kept repeating that and I quote " every thing about Jehovah's Witnesses is like a cult, except that they have one human leader.... so we can't be a cult"

A system of religious veneration and devotion directed toward a particular figure or object.... here's a definition I just looked up... don't tell me you don't venerate the Governing Body ..

Oh and by the way counting your time on here is completely unscriptural.... you are never supposed to talk to us, and never about scriptural matters or have they changed that? does the society want you to talk to apostates ? and count it as preaching time ..

WE've already heard the good news and made our choice ... you are doing a disservice to all the meek hearted ones who need the message .. is jehovah directing you here...

TT

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

bookmarked

• TOTH
    TOTH

I always say that if today the gb said that Jesus was not born of a Virgin named Mary but was instead hatched from a chicken egg that every single jw would have to agree or be thrown out of the org.

• Disillusioned Lost-Lamb
    Disillusioned Lost-Lamb

NANANANANA you need a reality check!

What do you think using wash-towel literature here will do, convert us all back?

Maybe instead of the watchtowers, reasoning book, insight book and so on you could see what the WTBT$ really is.

But wait, you're not suppose to look at anything else, in fact just being on this sight is a disfellowshipping offence under brazen conduct; looks like you’re in an isolating cult then, SORRY.

• metatron
    metatron

If any of you are reading this and have any doubt about this subject, I only wish you could be an elder meeting with the C.O. during his visit.

If there was any single event that convinced me that the Society viewed their own writings as equal to or superior to the Bible, it was these.

The Circuit Overseer ( and it didn't matter who) would quote the Watchtower as the practical equivalent of Holy Writ, no different really, from the Vatican or whatever. Worse, he often referred to some 'hidden' letter or Dictate from Watchtower HQ that we weren't allowed to read that we had to obey, as if some secret 'Torah' was involved.

At best, the Bible was used as a springboard to jump to whatever dictate was desired, in the Watchtower's intent. Is the "Slave" directed by God, Brothers? Well, then.....

I once read a Jack Chick tract that told people that JW's tell people that their teachings supercede the Bible. It isn't that explicit .... but make no mistake, that IS the way it is, in practise!

metatron

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

nananana - Oh, dearie me. You need to read this before you make any more comments...

WT 15 May ’12 (Pg 26 para 13)

Indeed, we ought to move as far away from wrongdoing as possible and not see how close we can get to it without being overcome by sin. For instance, we need to guard against succumbing to apostasy, a sin that would make us unfit to glorify God. (Deut. 13:6-9) Let us therefore have nothing to do with apostates or anyone who claims to be a brother but who is dishonoring God. This should be the case even if he is a family member. (1 Cor. 5:11) We are not benefited by trying to refute the arguments of apostates or those who are critical of Jehovah’s organization. In fact, it is spiritually dangerous and improper to peruse their information, whether it appears in written form or it is found on the Internet.

July 15, 2011 WT ‘’Well, apostates are 'mentally diseased', and they seek to infect others with their disloyal teachings." ‘’ 7 What is involved in avoiding false teachers? We do not receive them into our homes or greet them.

We also refuse to read their literature, watch TV programs that feature them, examine their Web sites, or add

our comments to their blogs.’’

• Knowsnothing
    Knowsnothing

I would say, not just the WT magazines, but the literature in general. Similar to a thread I started.

The-JWs-dependence-on-WT-literature

• A "Bible study" to a possible convert is done with "What does the Bible really teach" book.
    • The 5 meetings consist of heavy use of literature such as the:
    • 1.) Congregation Book study, which uses any of the books publised by WT
    • 2.) Theocratic Ministry School's use of "Benefit" book (although this section does use the Bible the most, as it includes the home Bible reading, yet many people comment from a WT comment anyways),
    • 3.) Service meeting using "Our Kingdom Ministry" which in turn usually directs us to the "Yearbook", "Benefit", and "Organized to do God's will"
    • 4.) The Public talk that, while not based on publications per se, uses an outline given by the Society
    • 5.) The Watchtower study, which I need not even elaborate on.

• Preaching is done through literature as well. Magazines, tracts, books, etc.
    • WT encourages "research" with their publications, such as Insight for the Scriptures, among other resources.

It cannot be denied that the Bible isn't used, but think about the heavy use of literature, and how that influences what you think what the Bible says.

Also think how the use of this literature binds you to their organisation. The Bible isn't enough, sufficient on its own. It needs interpretation through them.

• N.drew
    N.drew

When I voiced doubts about the leadership of the Governing Body to my fellow witnesses at least one friend said to study the Proclaimers Book again. OK? Who wrote that?

• Knowsnothing
    Knowsnothing
    We are not going to be condemned/shunned IF we do choose to associate with worldly people, however. Which testifies to the fact that we ARE NOT A CULT. I can choose to hang out with WHOEVER I want, where I want, when I want, and how long I want. Do some research on cults and see if they're allowed to do that? -nananana

Kid got marked for having worldy friends

OP:

It's true. Last night, a kid got marked for having worldy friends. The usual no friendship with the world texts made its way in. The elder repeated several times that the kid had been admonished several times, but refused to listen to the elders' advice. The elder giving the talk in the Local Needs also went to great lengths to emphasize that while this wasn't a DFing offense, it was serious business. I guess they (elders) didn't take too kindly being brushed aside. It almost sounded like he wanted the kid to get DF'ed. He almost had a sad, dejected tone about his not get DF'ed.

I still can't believe they can do that. This religion is ridiculous. The way this religion controls its members makes me irate.

• Azazel
    Azazel

nananananannnnaaa do you realize you are in danger of being an apostate! yep when the schmelders meet with you in the back of the hall they will wonder why you posted 24 times as of now. tisk tisk as they shake their heads and DF you as an apostate. Quik nana pray to the GB that this doesnt happen and you may be saved to sell more books in the future. hurry the days are running out !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Az

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit