Does the Watchtower magazine carry more weight than the Bible?

by Sour Grapes 51 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Disillusioned Lost-Lamb
    Disillusioned Lost-Lamb

I remember when I was little my grandmother would say to never miss the watchtower study because above all else it was the most important. I never quite understood, but I knew I didn't like the watchtower study, or the literature.

Now as an adult I can see why it is so important.

If the public doesn't believe they need the WTBT$, then how do you keep your publishing company open? You'll lose all your donated tax-free money and volunteer slave labor.

No! No! No! That can’t happen! So you must indoctrinate, you must convince them you are the highest earthly authority. Their minds must be controlled to think the bible is only a guide and with out the watchtower’s understanding it is nothing. They must be brainwashed to believe everything you say is truth without question; watchtower is KING!

CULT CULT CULT CULT CULT CULT CULT CULT

• stillin
    stillin

As a "reader" at the watchtower study, I was continually asked, by an older, mentally fading brother, to move to the next paragraph when he said "Let's read the next scripture, Brother Stillin."

I would hesitate a little longer than was necessary for the situation, then compassionately read the next paragraph. But I hated to do it without saying,"You DO mean "paragraph" don't you Brother Mature Conductor, don't you?"

• Ding
    Ding

The WT supplants the Bible.

They even say that no one can understand the Bible without the writings of the faithful and discreet slave.

Isn't that the same as claiming that the WT is the final authority, that it's actually superior to the Bible?

The Questions from Readers can be very boring, but it's also the place where you often find out what teachings are turning into "old light."

Just look for questions where you think the WT answer is clear but the answer surprises you: "new light" coming!

• designs
    designs

Papal Encyclicals carry much weight.

• nananana
    nananana

It amazes me how people act as if the Scriptures are not abundantly and referenced to, constantly in our publications. The apostates are so quick to call the organization a cult, yet don't even realize that the term doesn't apply since our publications are based on the Bible and not some man's theology. See how many quotations are in a standard Watchtower and compare it to a 3-hour sermon from your local church. The difference is obvious and quite laughable.

• palmtree67
    palmtree67
    See how many quotations are in a standard Watchtower and compare it to a 3-hour sermon from your local church. The difference is obvious and quite laughable.

I have done that.

And you are wrong.

• The Quiet One
    The Quiet One

NANANA: Have you been to any/all churches? If not.. how do you know that the difference, in the amount of quotations of Bible verses, between a sermon and a WT study is so obvious in all/any of them?

• N.drew
    N.drew

Hello nananana! The translation of many of the scriptures that the Witnesses put FAITH in have been handed down wrong.

Acts 20:29 and Matthew 7:15

One example that is obvious is "the women telling the good news are a large army". "Women" was added to the scripture. Nowhere else in the scriptures does the same word translate "women"*. But tranlated women sure does help the "preaching work" along, doesn't it?

*I believe it was man's tradition to say "women" as it is also the same in other bible translations. But the Society has said they translated the NWT from the oldest manuscripts. That is false. Satan is the liar and the father of the lie. They lied.

• Ding
    Ding

Nananana,

Why can't there be a cult that uses Bible terms and lingo and quotes Bible passages out of context?

How would you define "cult"?

By the way, I've never seen a church that has three hour sermons, and many churches have Bible based sermons.

Where are you getting your information?

• nananana
    nananana

Psalm 68:11 in other Translations

Young's Literal Translation

The Lord doth give the saying, The female proclaimers are a numerous host.

English Revised Version

The Lord giveth the word: the women that publish the tidings are a great host.

GOD'S WORD® Translation (©1995)

The Lord gives instructions. The women who announce the good news are a large army.

English Standard Version (©2001)

The Lord gives the word; the women who announce the news are a great host.

New American Standard Bible (©1995)

The Lord gives the command; The women who proclaim the good tidings are a great host.

I thought that WTBTS just changed their Scriptures for their convenience? Are all these other translators lying or is it just the WTBTS trying to fit their own beliefs? HAAA! Try again,

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit