Cognitive Dissonance for Fundamenatlists

by leavingwt 128 Replies latest jw friends

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Thank god for apathy.

By and large, I find that most Christians have morals far superior to the Old Testament and even the New Testament. So, despite the holy texts, they choose to live by what I consider to be a higher standard.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

God told me to make you an..

AxeHole..

http://images.crestock.com/3650000-3659999/3655266-xs.jpg

...................... ...OUTLAW

• Disillusioned Lost-Lamb
    Disillusioned Lost-Lamb

I've always wondered; if at the next convention they said to go out and start buying guns and ammo for the great day of ethnic cleansing of Jehovah, how many would actually do it?

The scary part is you probably know of a witless who would.

YIKES!

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits

Wow, that's a great nugget of wisdom, LWT. Nice find.

Coincidentally, I've got a new co-worker who just moved in across the hall from me and he is uber-fundamentalist, but also very eccentric. He started talking religion last week and told me, "God talks to me and I do whatever he tells me.... Some people call that dangerous but you recall the faith of Abraham?"

I kid you not, that man really makes me nervous. I'm pretty open for religious debate but not with this guy. I'm so afraid he would answer in the affirmative and then have a dream about doing it, mistaking it as a message from god, that I don't wanna ask.

• cult classic
    cult classic

I remember asking my parents if they'd kill me if Jehovah told them to.

Parents : "He'd never tell us to do that."

Me: "How do you know?"

No response.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

"God talks to me and I do whatever he tells me.... Some people call that dangerous but you recall the faith of Abraham?"

• cofty
    cofty

Who is the artist NC?

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Cofty, I'm not sure. It was a photobucket pic. I'll look into it.

NC

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits

NC, I wouldn't be surprised if this guy has a 6' copy of that hanging in his living room.

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits

That must've been a real let down for ol' Abe. He got Isaac a perm and everything.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit