Cognitive Dissonance for Fundamenatlists

by leavingwt 128 Replies latest jw friends

• leavingwt
  • snare&racket
    snare&racket

They woudn't even hesitate...."God is good " *swish* THUNK !..... sound of head landing on the floor..... "Oh no.... god hates a bloody carpet."

• The Quiet One
    The Quiet One

I know what the faithful Israelites would have replied (according to the Bible). Reminds me of when a Jw essentially said to me ' How can some of these extremists go out and kill people and believe God is okay with that? '. To which I replied ' Well, the Israelites did... '

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Interesting point Quiet. On the one hand they preach against murder and killing, while at the same time celebrating ethnic cleansing, stonings, warfare, executions, and even children mauled by a she bear. It is quite an uncomfortable state to live in.

NC

• N.drew
    N.drew

They weren't mauled by the bear......

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

bttt

• cofty
    cofty

It illustrates how lucky we are that the vast majority of believers don't actually take their faith as seriously as they pretend to.

Thank god for apathy.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

They weren't mauled by the bear......

Sorry N.Drew. Let me rephrase that:

On the one hand they preach against murder and killing, while at the same time celebrating ethnic cleansing, stonings, warfare, executions, and even children mauled by a she bear. and even 42 children were torn to pieces by 2 she bears. It is quite an uncomfortable state to live in.

Thank you for pointing that out. It makes a lot more sense now.

NC

• NewChapter
    NewChapter
    2 Kings 2:24

New International Version (NIV)

24 He turned around, looked at them and called down a curse on them in the name of the LORD. Then two bears came out of the woods and mauled forty-two of the boys.

• dinah
    dinah

I'll side with the bears on that one.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit