If I ride my motorcycle across country this summer, can I camp on your lawn?

by UnConfused 36 Replies latest jw friends

• Disillusioned Lost-Lamb
    Disillusioned Lost-Lamb

Sorry, I'm completely gated and in plane view of too many "others".

Hope you have a great ride!

• shamus100
    shamus100

NO!

Well, okay, only if you bring bananas.

• Twitch
    Twitch
    @Twitch - I've not read that, should I?

Perhaps. Your trip kinda reminded me of it, a story about a man taking a cross county motorcycle trip with his son. The theme of a trip off the beaten track on a bike and the mechanics of same is secondary to his relationship with his young son who's travelling with him but more so to his musings on classical philosophy, pure logic and the values we apply to things. Rather abstract, analytical and dry but his method of thought was intriguing to me

If Terry rode hawg, I suspect this is the kind of book he'd write ;)

• UnConfused
    UnConfused

I'm getting it as an Audio book right now, thanks for the review and suggestion.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

I'm in NE Ohio three miles off of the turnpike between Cleveland and Youngstown. You and your pup are welcome to stay in our old camper, (electric but no water), or you can stay in our spare room as long as you can tolerate cats and cigarette smoke. The dog, though, would have to sleep in the camper or garage, because our cats would probably kill and eat him, LOL!!!

We're not fancy, but we have a clean, comfortable home, and I'm a decent cook. My husband does prtty well on the grill too.

My brother lives in NW Maryland and loves to ride his motorcycle. He may want to accompany you for part of your trip if you're in that area.

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

We live in Illinois almost to the Iowa border right off I-80 in a small town ,and have a large backyard just right for a tent ! You are welcome to stay over here .Send a pm if you will be coming through our area .

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

Not sure if I would be able to put you up or not (I live in a mobile home park) - I would love to have you visit though.

Location - San Antonio, TX

Interstates - East to West - IH10

North to South IH35

As to your dilemma as to getting home, could you take AmTrak home? I believe that you could put your bike in one of the shipping cars... I guess you'd have to also put your doggie in storage too, though... not good. Perhaps you could dress the dog as a small child? (heh heh heh)

Good Luck on your Adventure!!! It sounds like a lot of fun!

Regards,

Jim TX

• tinker
    tinker

I am in central Washington, about 100 miles from Seattle. If your route takes you through the Pacific NorthWest you are very welcome to 'camp' in my backyard. I have a guestroom and pets are welcome as well. We have a cousin, former Cal State Patrol who rides his Harley from San Diago to visit us every summer. We love to extend hospitality to 2wheel friends w pups.

• UnConfused
    UnConfused

This is terrific! I'm starting to map out my journey and want to avoid Interstate driving when reasonable.

• donuthole
    donuthole

Alton, Illinois just east across the river from St. Louis, MO.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit