If I ride my motorcycle across country this summer, can I camp on your lawn?

by UnConfused 36 Replies latest jw friends

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Cleveland Oh. I have woods and a fire pit. A great place to camp.

NC

• NVR2L8
    NVR2L8

This will be an amazing trip UnConfused.

Seven years ago I rode from Toronto Ontario to Victoria BC, then down into the US. My wife rode on the back of my Honda ST1100 and after the first 3 days we didn't have any problem riding 400 - 500 miles a day. We went to the Road to the Sun in the National Glacier Park, North Cascade Hwy, Grand Coulee Dam, Buffalo Bill Dam, Yellowstone Park, Mt. Rushmore...8,000 miles in 28 days. Our last day we rode from Chicago to Toronto...We rode on dry pavement except for Banff in the Canadian Rockies where there was snow overnight that turned into heavy rain by the time we were ready to leave...(2nd week of August). Three days later in Spokane it was 100 degrees...During the course of the trip we stayed with relatives on the Canadian west coast and with "brothers" and we stopped to visit "worldly" friends in Chicago. The rest of the time we stayed at affordable motels. A few times we stopped at more luxurious Hotels to spoil ourselves a bit...it was a vacation after all.

If you ever plan a trip my way just let me know and you can stay with us...and we may right together for part of the way.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I'm near Dagney. I'm in a tiny place so I put people up locally when they come into town

• Twitch
    Twitch

Ever read this?

• UnConfused
    UnConfused

Thank you everyone! I need to calculate what I think we can reasonably ride per day and the sights we want to see along the way. Getting back is an issue as I don't have the time to turn around and drive back, but I don't know if flying back with a dog is possible.

@Twitch - I've not read that, should I?

@NVR2L8 - Wow that is amazing. What a trip and it sounds like you have no regrets. I've got a Suzuki C50 which is a comfortable ride for me, but do need to plan this out so I can keep myself and Patch exercised as I think that will keep us comfortable over several days. I may have to hit you up for some tips!

@NC - that sounds like a perfect backyard, thanks.

@Palmtree - what a generous offer, my son is moving just down the road from you so Las Vegas will be my new place to fly to rather than Phoenix.

@Lisa - wonderful thank you!

@Botch - ha, nope Florida would be a bit out of the way AND I'm afraid of snakes!

@LeavingWT - You may be getting a PM

@FinallyAwake - Wonderful!

@Dagney - thanks! Are near Audespere?

Any suggested routes and sights are very welcome folks.

• Dagney
    Dagney

Aude is about 1+ hrs north of me. In California terms, pretty close. But she may be able to come down and stay as well if you are interested in sight seeing in SoCal or meeting some of our friends. If your trip takes you north, she's right off the major freeway.

• Dagney
    Dagney

You do know who I am on Facebook, right?

• UnConfused
    UnConfused

I do

• its_me!
    its_me!

Your doggie is CUTE! I am in Southern Ohio. Woods and firepit here too! New Chapter's may be a closer route for you though.

• Violia
    Violia

We have so many city ordinances it might be illegal here, but you'd be welcome otherwise. ( I'm in Texas and there are lots of xjws here - Texas might not be on your route.)

sleeping under the moon, cool

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit