How Come I Rarely See People In Field Service, Vs The 1980-1990s Doing House2House?

by Bubblegum Apotheosis 35 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Alfred
    Alfred

When I stopped going to Field Service in early 2010, the service overseer would approach me with something like: "Alfred, are you sure you didn't have at least one conversation with someone at work about Jehovah??? You may not know this yet but all you need is 15 minutes and we won't need to mark you down as IRREGULAR."

I'd say: "Yes brother Worried-About-The CO's-Visit-Next-Month, I'm 100% sure... I have no hours to report at all."

He would then look down in dissapointment and his mind would start to race... but before he could think of anything else to say, I'd be long gone...

• cantleave
    cantleave

My wife, who works from home, pointed this out the other day. She stated that she has not seen JW's in our area for over 2 years. Admittedly, we are in a relatively rural area, but it used to be worked at least three times a year.

• breakfast of champions
  • iamwhoiam
    iamwhoiam

All the witnesses are mostly made up of older ones...they can't walk door to door anymore and all they do is RVs (magazine routes) they have been doing for the last 10 years. Even though the people they call on have no intention of becoming a witness. Plus, if they do get territory, they don't usually do more than 5 to 10 houses at one time before they go on break...followed by RVs

All the young witnesses don't want to go out in service unless thier older family members drag them out or are guilted into it. Then they have to ride along with the older ones who do nothing but RVs.

Only the 2-4 pioneer sisters in each hall are the ones working territory.

Im am just guessing on all of this..but it has a ring of truth to it.

• ssn587
    ssn587

I believe it like Christs supposed invisible coming in 1874 er 1914 or whenever it's invisible and like that they do their house to house invisibly. Count your blessings with them coming less and less or as it seems in my neighborhood not at all thats one of those invisible blessings. Really it must be like the supposed love in the congregation H-H doesn't really exist.

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

I have lived here for 3 years now and have never once had witnesses knock on my door or post a tract etc through the letter box.

We regularly get Mormons and chuggers so not sure what their excuse is.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

The last time I saw the witlesses out in field circus was one crisp fall morning in 2009. I was pedaling to the bank and saw a couple of witlesses going to the door. When I returned, they were elsewhere in the territory. They didn't seem to be moving all that fast--but I was, once I thought they might be witlesses (when I see them, I speed up so they don't get enough time to do anything).

Aside the fake time slips and wasting their time warming up, taking coffee breaks, and doing street work or working at bookstores where they are browsing for books (and the return visit there, where I made a return visit and picked up the Excitotoxins book I saw while there the first time), I wonder if they are dogging it. Going online and posting comments is one way--if they nurf the RAM enough, the computer will be slow as hell, allowing them to count even more time while waiting for it to post.

I also wonder if that means they are doing more missionary work, whether in their country "where the need is greater" or in foreign countries. I have been noticing that, while studies are coming down in developed countries, Nigeria seems to be having an awful lot of studies in recent years.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

"How about this theory. The sprit directs Jehovah's Witnesses to avoid apostates, and thust you never see them."

If that true I'd never see my parents.

• highdose
    highdose

by the time i left it had become socail acceptable within the cong to fake your hours. One elder even advised me to do so , saying that he did that himself!

the magazines are embarssing these days and hopelessly out of touch. the GB has no idea what is going on in the heads of their younger ones. most of them are only in for two reasons]

A) the stranglehold of loosing your entire socail circle and family

B) loosing the carrot of the paradise

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I rarely see the English Cong out in service. Rarely. From the late 80's when I 1st studies, through the 90's I would see them every weekend in some part of the Westside of Los Angeles. Now it's been years since they have knocked on my door.

Spanish congregation I do see on occasion

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit