Theists, why does God allow suffering..

by The Quiet One 754 Replies latest watchtower bible

• The Quiet One
    The Quiet One

Why has the Watchtower never addressed this question? (Regarding the suffering of animals and a God that suppposedly cares about each sparrow)??

• cofty
    cofty

I think you may be right, I don't ever remember anything being said about it.

They take the "lion and the lamb" scripture literally which goes to show how ignorant they are of the real world. I think most JWs get their natural history from Disney cartoons.

In my opinion so-called "natural evil" is a strong argument against creation.

• The Quiet One
    The Quiet One

"How do we know that God cares about animals?..Clearly, the Bible teaches that animals were to be treated with propriety, respect, and compassion!...Though many people focus on their own concerns and ignore any consequences to animals, God compassionately considers them...Clearly, God is not insensitive to how animals are treated. His beloved Son, Jesus, even said that a single sparrow does not fall to the ground without his Father’s knowledge..."
    http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/102011444

• The Quiet One
    The Quiet One

" All those creatures, from the smallest to the largest, had the Creator’s loving concern. God not only created them “instinctively wise” but also made provisions for them to flourish in their environment. "
    http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/102011444

• ozbrad
  • Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I am a huge C.S. Lewis fan, devouring his books. His Problem of Pai is his weakest. He revised his take on suffering after his beloved wife's death in
    A Grief Observed. Lewis did not know suffering until his wife's death. What a difference in attitude. I did not know biographical details about Lewis when I read The Problem of Pain. I wante dot spit in his face for the work. Since he was dead, I had problems with my plan.

Of course, he theorized that just as humans life life through Christ, certain animals, mostly dogs, can receive salvation through humans. He was a dog person. Overall, I am big fan.

• The Quiet One
    The Quiet One

Interesting, but that has little to do with God allowing animals to suffer..

• The Quiet One
    The Quiet One

What choice does a venomous snake have, except to poison?.. Or a shark, except to kill and tear apart? How could a monkey ever learn how to treat the cancer that is slowly killing it? No theist can explain how their loving god has always allowed, if not intentionally designed.. Natural evil.

• emeth
    emeth

Why you ask me,..? You should ask God or look for a reason in the manual he left you

• cofty
    cofty

emeth, why do you think god made the world this way?

Who trusted God was love indeed
    And love Creation's final law
    Tho' Nature, red in tooth and claw
    With ravine, shriek'd against his creed

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit