Our door to door activities were a personal ministry and not recognised as representatives or volunteers of the Watchtower Bible And Tract Society

by smiddy 47 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• mP
    mP

i cant help'but agree with doc, otherwise howmdoes explain whynthe wts has not also been renamed to something with'jehovah in it? how can gods org on earth not be called jehovahs watchtower etc?

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

The OP refers to an "article from the newspaper in the latrobe area reffering to steven unthanks case" which is where this 'personal ministry' quote originates from. Does anyone have a link to this article or a scan of it?

Many thanks,

• The Quiet One
  • JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Nobleheart makes such a good point:

"I distinctly remember from Pioneer School one important aspect of conducting Bible studies was directing them to the Organization.

When asked when we should start mentioning the Organization, our CO said: Asap, even from the first study session.

In practice this included inviting studies to the meetings, special talks, memorial, assemblies, etc. Additionally bringing different brothers/sisters in the study to acquaint the person with the brotherhood. Showing them the KH and it's parts (literature counter, main hall, etc.). Taking the studies to Bethel for a taste of the organization in action. And how about watching the videos with them (JWs -- The Organization behind the name) or the newer ones about the History of the organization?

How can all these efforts not be centering around the organization?"

What it boils down to is that WTBTS won't hesitate to throw me or any of my loved ones under the bus.

Detest and despise are strong words. The truth of the matter, more and more I find myself detesting and despising this Organization!

Good topic.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

It's all about the organization unless there is potential liability, then we're all on our own!

So much for the organization being a refuge a place of safety.

Proverbs 18:10 - The name of Jehovah is a strong tower. Into it the righteous runs and is given protection.

Isaiah 32:1-2 - Look! A king will reign for righteousness itself; and as respects princes, they will rule as princes for justice itself. And each one must prove to be like a hiding place from the wind and a place of concealment from the rainstorm, like streams of water in a waterless country, like the shadow of a heavy crag in an exhausted land.

• sizemik
    sizemik
    Have you read Animal Farm by Orwell? If not you should. . . . 00DAD

Well spotted.

The animals on a farm have no legal status, no rights, no claim to assets, are not representative of anything or anyone. They are economic units who "gain weight", are self-replacing, and 100% expendable. Any status beyond that is imagined, not real.

Just like publishers.

• Ding
    Ding

And "some are more equal than others."

• Dismissing servant

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit