Our door to door activities were a personal ministry and not recognised as representatives or volunteers of the Watchtower Bible And Tract Society

by smiddy 47 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• smiddy
    smiddy

How do you feel about that ?Were you misled (again) after all these years ? This article from the newspaper in the latrobe area reffering to steven unthanks case is truly disturbing. Its an affront and an insult to any and everyone who has participated in the ministry of Jehovah`s Witnesses over many, many years.Talk about being thrown to the wolves.How low can this organization go in saving face at the expense of those whose loyalty and devotion is discarded for a perceived image.Absolutely shocking

smiddy

• Azazel
    Azazel

Sad isnt it Smiddy. makes me feel even more that all my childhood and teenage then 20s 30s were wasted every weekend. They are really becoming an Apostate religion/organization.

Az

• ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer

From the article,

...door-to-door activities were part of a member's "personal ministry", and 'publishers' were not representatives or volunteers of the Watchtower Society.

Yet, if you guided an interested person to anywhere but the Watchtower organization you would be promptly counseled. And if you insisted you were 'notrepresenting the Society,' and that you were engaging in a 'personal ministry' you would be DF'd for apostasy.

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

How come one of the talks in last autumn's assembly was focused on emphasising that whatever individuals do they were representing Jehovah?

Ahj! I see! They'll say representing Jehovah, not the organisation! (I'm thinking of the talk on sanctifying Jehovah's name, something that's been constantly dinned into me in recent months as I've been told to get rid of particular books, DVD's, ornaments, just about anything that defines my own individuality, by my pioneer study conductor.)

So, the WT is Jehovah's earthly organisation "God's organisation" being a phrase constantly bandied about, but NOT when it suits them?

Sickening, just like everything else in this organisation that could well have been a model for George Orwell's 1984.

• designs
    designs

We took all of the risks and no support.

• sizemik
    sizemik

A farm full of animals has a fence around it . . . and the farmer manages the animals how he wishes to obtain the greatest profit. Aged or unsound unproductive animals are sold off or neglected. All of the animals can be sold or sacrificed without notice. Farming is a business . . . there's no room for sentimentality. The animals breed their own replacements, graze on what is provided, and obey without question. They do not represent the farm or the farmer.

The WTS is an animal farm.

• Alfred
    Alfred

I guess they need to rewrite that second baptism question.

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

I listened to the Steven Unthank interview and was shocked at this revelation.

I do now hate the organisation.

Although it was deemed "not in the public interest" to continue the cases just having the Watchtower spell out in a court of law in front of witnesses just how little they care about it's members, how the fds does not exist etc will all prove to be nails in the Watchtower coffin.

• Fernando
    Fernando

Even technically the Watchtower position is bereft of common sense.

An authentic "field ministry" could include door-knocking with the "unabridged good news". This would be called evangelising. Watchtower religionists do not do this. They proselytise (teach sectarian, supremacist and self-righteous religion, dogma and doctrine instead).

An authentic "personal ministry" would be where believers or disciples minister to their own personal relationship with Jesus, as simple Jesus followers, instead of following a spiritually blind, confused, inebriated and insane ruling religious clergy class, hierarchy and VISIBLE golden calf or pseudo-mediator organisation.

• St George of England
    St George of England

Since 1985 I was under the impression that one of the baptismal questions is " being baptised identified you as one of Jehovah's Witnesses"

Does that not make one a member or representative of "The Christian Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses" as it says on the letter headings of the WTS these days?

George

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit