Our door to door activities were a personal ministry and not recognised as representatives or volunteers of the Watchtower Bible And Tract Society

by smiddy 47 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

I found my old Publisher ID card that they did away with years ago here is what it says :

Name :Troubled Mind

Address: XXX

City ..XXXX.......State ..IL.....zip code ...XXXXX....

is engaged in preaching the gospel of Jehovah's Kingdom from house to house in cooperation with the following congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses :

City ,State , Congregation

Signed by the Presiding Overseer ......................dated issued 2-15-1990

signature of publisher along side of card on the left . (bottom right was a symbol of the world with an open Bible in front of it )

So was this my personal ministry ? What was I a publisher of ?............

Very legal move to put an end to these cards ...I think I was suppose to destroy mine ,ooops.

• pontoon
    pontoon

I've said and others have said in various posts that the borg is run by their lawyers. This is further proof. No reliance on Jeh. I would bet that anything even a little bit dicy for publication has to be OK'd by legal dept. first. Their smart and sneaky. Real reasons for all these "refinements" in the organization is solely for their legal protection which is understandable, we all want to be protected legally, but they lie to the flock as to why changes are made, they have no loyality--they'll hang you out swing on your own, and if this is the spirit directed organization God is using today why is all this legalizee necessary taking resources and manpower away from the preaching work?

• Nobleheart
    Nobleheart

I distinctly remember from Pioneer School one important aspect of conducting Bible studies was directing them to the Organization.

When asked when we should start mentioning the Organization, our CO said: Asap, even from the first study session.

In practice this included inviting studies to the meetings, special talks, memorial, assemblies, etc. Additionally bringing different brothers/sisters in the study to acquaint the person with the brotherhood. Showing them the KH and it's parts (literature counter, main hall, etc.). Taking the studies to Bethel for a taste of the organization in action. And how about watching the videos with them (JWs -- The Organization behind the name) or the newer ones about the History of the organization?

How can all these efforts not be centering around the organization?

• Yan Bibiyan
    Yan Bibiyan

So, the franchise model, where all local branches are independently owned and operated, yet they follow the brand philosophy, was not really invented and made popular by Ray Croc.

I think all franchise operators should be paying the WT licensing fees for it...

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

How can all these efforts not be centering around the organization?

It is. BUT, THE ORGANIZATION is: The Christian Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses, and NOT The Watchtower Society of . . . .[etc etc]

The CCJW has NO ASSETS. Find an attorney who will sue a corporation with no viable assets. haha

Every effort is made to keep the two entities separate.

Doc

• just Ron
    just Ron

From the article,

... door-to-door activities were part of a member's "personal ministry", and 'publishers' were not representatives or volunteers of the Watchtower Society.

FROM SONIC VIEWER

That just showes that they are a publishing company and should be taxed as one.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Well if it's a "Personal Ministry" then why do they want to keep track of it?

Something stinks around here!

• just Ron
    just Ron

They need to track if you are going to work or not.

• Refriedtruth
    Refriedtruth

Head ups!

The Watchtower's days are numbered.

Here in the USA at least the Watchtower has not had to go in front of a JURY of 12 registered voters who you can be sure all dislike JW calling.

95% of my neighbors are just fed up with JW cold calling only takes one spark to ignite a firestorm of outrage.My towns PD get complaints frequently.

Correct me if I have missed an important civil/criminal case the WT has won by jury,but their favorable decisions have made in Judges chambers?

In my case I have sent the WT Brooklyn and local elders multiple certified letters and been to court seeking a protection order against JW trespassing.I also have my property posted.If they come on my property,I will act responsibly,they will be arrested for trespassing/harassment the case will be in the news,they will plead guilty or go before a jury of 12 worldly citizens.Cases like this can set a precedent against cold calling or worse a JW can do something felonious like the Elder who molested.

http://www.religionnewsblog.com/16510/jehovahs-witness-in-door-to-door-sex-assault-scandal

In court the facts of who does what where who is accountable will be a laid out for all to see.

• dog is god
    dog is god

If that's the case, why did we count our time, turn it in, and the society use it in their publications? Why did the society create a governing body directed "Ministry School" to show us how THEY wanted us to think and speak? Why did the society provide milllions of THEIR publications for us to distribute? What a giant LIE!!!!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit