Finally an Article About Unthank!

by jamiebowers 62 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

can someone post the WT baptism questions?

• 00DAD
    00DAD

If Publishers don't represent the WTBTS then how do the GB represent the FDS?

Publishers at least know who and what they represent!

It really is ridiculous!

• 00DAD
    00DAD

"Our voluntary participation in the field service is motivated by love of God and neighbor. It is not carried on at the insistence of any man or organization" - km 2/89 p. 3

Then why do elders harass low-hour and inactive publishers?

• Violia
  • 00DAD
    00DAD

Violia: If I was not a Representative of the wts, then why is in included in the baptismal vows?

Baptism Question#

2: " Do you understand that your dedication in baptism identify you as one of Jehovah's Witnesses in association with God's spirit-directed organization?"

Which to my mind begs these questions: If we are/were merely "in association with" each other, then how can they (the WTBTS) legitimately assert any claims of AUTHORITY over the R&F, and why do the R&F accept it?

More word games from the WTBTS Legal Department!

• Violia
    Violia

it is a great thread, short but amazing.

I took mine at young age, before the 1985 change.

• Violia
    Violia

Baptismal questions from the August 1, 1966 Watchtower, p. 465:

(1) Have you recognized yourself before Jehovah God as a sinner who needs salvation, and have you acknowledged to him that this salvation proceeds from him, the Father, through his Son Jesus Christ?

(2) On the basis of this faith in God and in his provision for salvation, have you dedicated yourself unreservedly to God to do his will henceforth as he reveals it to you through Jesus Christ and through the Bible under the enlightening power of the holy spirit?

Baptismal questions from the May 15, 1970 Watchtower, p. 309:

(1) Have you recognized yourself as a sinner and needing salvation from Jehovah God? And have you acknowledged that this salvation proceeds from him and through his ransomer, Christ Jesus?

(2) On the basis of this faith in God and in his provision for redemption have you dedicated yourself unreservedly to Jehovah God, to do his will henceforth as that will is revealed to you through Christ Jesus and through God's Word as his holy spirit makes it plain?

Baptismal questions from the May 1, 1973 Watchtower, p. 280:

(1) Have you repented of your sins and turned around, recognizing yourself before Jehovah God as a condemned sinner who needs salvation, and have you acknowledged to him that this salvation proceeds from him, the Father, through his Son Jesus Christ?

(2) On the basis of this faith in God and in his provision for salvation, have you dedicated yourself unreservedly to God to do his will henceforth as he reveals it to you through Jesus Christ and through the Bible under the enlightening power of the holy spirit?

The newest baptismal questions, from the June 1, 1985 Watchtower:

On the basis of the sacrifice of Jesus Christ, have you repented of your sins and dedicated yourself to Jehovah to do his will?

Do you understand that your dedication and baptism identify you as one of Jehovah's Witnesses in association with God's spirit-directed organization?

this was taken from AlanF blog and the post link is in the perversion of baptismal vows thread.

</form>

• Violia
    Violia

lady lee

can you or another mod help remove the extra forum material from the last post? I am posting from page 1 and for whatever reason cannot seem to remove it myself. I also see no posting box on page 2. sorry.

• ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer

That came out weird. I see Violia's last comment at the very bottom of the page, below the posting box and list of guidelines.

Is it just me, or do others see it like this too?

Edit: My post is down there too!

• The Quiet One
    The Quiet One

Technically (I know people might get annoyed here, but so be it) the WTBTS is just a legal corporation, and Jw's don't actually represent it.. They donate for/receive the literature, of which the WTBTS own copyright/ print etc, and then Jw's voluntarily distribute it basically however they want by saying whatever they want, thus not a spokesman/representative legally. The WTBTS technically has not lied, because Jw's who are not spokesmen for the WTBTS don't represent the legal corporation, and the volunteer work they do is not for the WTBTS in a legal sense.. It's something they do for themselves (and Jehovah) , in a way and time of their choosing.. I know some will say that they're told what door to go to and suggest what they might say, but in reality you can just not go door-to-door and go and sit on a park bench or count all kinds of informal witnessing. Also, ask any Jw who they are doing the voluntary work for. How many would say for the WTBTS? The WTBTS would only have been lying if they'd said " Jw's don't represent the organisation ". As any Jw would tell you, the WTBTS is just a legal entity used by the organisation. They know how to word things.. Finally, I'm glad to hear something came of Mr. Unthanks court case, a small victory but a victory nonetheless, I think :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit