Finally an Article About Unthank!

by jamiebowers 62 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

The words "evil" come to mind when reading about the GB now.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

If I recall correctly, when corporations first became popular, a corporation coucld not commit a crime. Yet their conduct was oftene criminal. A corporation can commit a crime. The problem is punishment. You can't stick a corporate body in jail. Fines are usually imposed.

It would be interesting to trace the WT's take on its legal powers vis a vis members. Next, I'd love to read a religoius corporation law professor's take. Certainly, this must have already been done. I never understood as a Witness how the power and technicalities flowed. It seems a closely held secret. Perhaps Ray Franz addressed this info. When I was young, there seemed to be about two books on the Witnesses. Maybe b/c the WT never announced a negative book. I'm astounded at how much academic and popular work has been written about them now.

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

*** km 2/89 p. 3 Our Identification as Jehovah's Witnesses ***
    As ministers of the good news, we are known publicly as Jehovah's Witnesses. Our voluntary participation in the field service is motivated by love of God and neighbor. It is not carried on at the insistence of any man or organization but is according to our God-given commission to preach the "good news" and make disciples. (Matt. 24:14; 28:19, 20) Therefore, publishers do well to avoid representing themselves as agents or representatives of the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of New York, Inc., or any other corporation used by "the faithful and discreet slave" to advance Kingdom interests.-Matt. 24:45-47.

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

It is not carried on at the insistence of any man or organization

Yeah, right.

or any other corporation used by "the faithful and discreet slave" to advance Kingdom interests.

Hang on there a second, the fds does not exist so how does it "use" a corporation?

Such a shame most JWs are never going to know what their leaders are actually saying.

Insignificant and expendable. Ouch!

• Alfred
    Alfred

I posted a very polite comment on this news article over 8 hours ago... and I still see the same two comments that were posted before mine... I guess the moderators are still aslepp in Australia?... is anyone else here still waiting to see their comment posted on this article?

• stuckinamovement
    stuckinamovement

Not representatives of the society? You report your hours to the society, the branch formally appoints pioneers and elders.

How is it possible that you can be formally appointed by an entity and yet not be a representative of the same entity?

SIAM

• talesin
    talesin

I would like to see a few of the 'naysayers,' who refused to accept the verifiable links to the court system, and other verifiable documents, in previous threads ...

APOLOGIZE TO UNTHANK

Are you a coward? Or do you have the 'guts' to admit you were wrong?

I only bring this up because it was such a nasty, unwarranted, feeding frenzy,,, so, you know who you are ... and

SHAME ON YOU!

And YES, I am talking to YOU, Cyber Jesus ..... for shame!

tal

• sizemik
    sizemik

@Alfred . . . I posted a very neutral comment almost 24 hrs ago . . . still no-show. Must be a part-time newspaper.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

This is an argument of agency. It's been lost on the WT's part several times here in the states, and it was usually regarding child pedophiles.

Unfortunately, it's going to take a case of a child getting harmed, where the issue of agency will return.

• Violia
    Violia

If I was not a Representative of the wts, then why is in included in the baptismal vows?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit