+$4.00 Gasoline. How does it change the Energy game

by designs 89 Replies latest social current

• pbrow
    pbrow

So its clear the 1% doesnt care about how much gas costs (besides hating babies and not wanting you to have affordable housing). What about the 2nd percenters, or maybe even the 3rd percenters? What about 11 percenters? Do they care, or are they lumped with the 98 percenters or 97 percenters?

Fuel costs what it costs. The United States should get what it needs from as local a source as possible...... I think my local farmers market says it the best.... Think global eat local.

pbrow

• Flat_Accent
    Flat_Accent

But it doesn't matter how much Oil is produced locally - correct me if i'm wrong but drilling in the US is at an 8 year high. And according to the EIA, the %age of imported oil in the US has decreaced since 2005. So domestic drilling isnt the problem, neither is it the answer. This is a world issue, not just an American one - it extends beyond political name calling.

• pbrow
    pbrow

Hey flat, I think those numbers are great and moving in the right direction. More jobs and more fuel produced locally is a good thing. ( speaking from an american perspective ) If I recall correctly a problem here in the US is the number/location of oil refineries. Personally I dont think the solution is simply drill drill drill. Its taking the entire system into perspective. Multiplying your capacity doesnt solve your problem if you cant refine it into a useful product. Common sense policies are what we need. pbrow

• designs
    designs

Bill Gates is backing a team of MIT students who have come up with a new battery technology. They formed a company Liquid Metal Battery corp. and should have models available in two years. One design- a system about the size of a 40 ft. container can hold enough energy to power 200 homes.

• cantleave
    cantleave

In addition they have great rail service in cities and between cities. Who the hell needs to drive?

Who the hell told you that? Our rail service is expensive, unreliable and overcrowded!

• designs
    designs

An East Coast Professor and team will try to travel across the US with retrocars running on 10 gal. of compressed hydrogen. In a little experiment of my own I slip-streamed behind a Semi on a recent business trip and my onboard mileage readout went from 32 mpg. to 57 mpg.

• designs
    designs

Chrylser announced they will be adding a compressed natural gas truck to their lineup joining GM and Ford. Honda has a CNG car. Currently there are about 1000 CNG filling stations in the country and half are private fleet use.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

It's now $6 per gallon in some areas of California

http://www.californiagasprices.com/

• designs
    designs

Toyota is showing its new 134mpg concept car at Auto Shows

http://mit.zenfs.com/852/2012/03/FT-bh-side.jpg

• designs
    designs

A Bill before the Senate to incentivize Natural Gas Engines and fueling stations lost by not getting the 60 votes necessary, was this good or bad for our long term energy goals.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit