+$4.00 Gasoline. How does it change the Energy game

by designs 89 Replies latest social current

• Razziel
    Razziel

BTS, have you ever heard of a quick back-of-the-envelope estimation? Jesus Christ. It's just a quick sanity check calculation to see if the numbers are even in the ballpark of what's possible.

• botchtowersociety
    botchtowersociety
    Never trust BTS on ANY calculations. He is an ideologue with zero integrity.
    His posts must always be fact checked. Most often he is either being deceitful or outright lying.
    Keeping him honest is a full time job.

Berengaria, get lost. I am not in the habit of lying, and you never contribute anything to any conversation I am in except for smearing and accusing me. You are obviously too stupid to follow this conversation, so get your drunken self lost, go take your bottle of wine, shove it in an orifice, and may God have mercy on your soul.

• botchtowersociety
    botchtowersociety
    BTS, have you ever heard of a quick back-of-the-envelope estimation? Jesus Christ. It's just a quick sanity check calculation to see if the numbers are even in the ballpark of what's possible.

They weren't, at least not in your earlier post. Sorry if it annoys you, but your earlier estimate wasn't even in the ballpark. 1 megawatt/5 acres/day is a different story, and I agreed, with caveats.

• Razziel
    Razziel

I think you saw the 85% and stopped reading from there. I didn't use the 85% in the estimation , I used the 25% in calculating the square footage to produce the kw-hr equivalent of 1 gallon of gas. And I also used the 240 watts/m^2 average from the article you posted, NOT 1400 or 1000 watts/m^2. I just listed that for reference.

• botchtowersociety
    botchtowersociety
    I think you saw the 85% and stopped reading from there. I didn't use the 85% in the estimation , I used the 25% in calculating the square footage to produce the kw-hr equivalent of 1 gallon of gas. And I also used the 240 watts/m^2 average from the article you posted, NOT 1400 or 1000 watts. I just listed that for reference.

That's OK. I didn't stop at 85%, though. I read it all. But it seems to me you goofed here:

Multiply by 24 since the article said it was averaged over the entire 24 hr period

Nothing wrong with back of the envelope, Razz, if the math is straight. That's all I'm saying, no need to get angry at me about it.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    It changes the pocketbook game. Last time we had gas go up over $4, we got a recession. In fact, oil spikes preceded 5 of the last 6 recessions.

Chain reaction effects on the economy. Everything has to be shipped. Shipping companies pass along the higher fuel prices to the companies who are shipping products. The product companies pass along the higher fuel prices to the consumers. Consumers tighten up their pocket books to pay higher prices on everything they buy, including gasoline. Businesses enjoy lower sales. Lower sales mean less profit, which causes businesses to lay off some workers or to close and lay off most or all workers. Laid off workers have very little to nothing to spend on goods. This affects even more businesses who lay off workers or close and lay off most or all workers.

• Razziel
    Razziel

The first calc is in watt-hrs. The second is in watts. Hence why one is multiplied by 24 and the other one isn't.

• botchtowersociety
    botchtowersociety

Ah.

Sorry I missed that. *hrs*

• Berengaria
    Berengaria

LOL, Burn you are in the habit of lying. When not lying you are being deceitful. Goodness!! There are threads galore here to illustrate, I must take the time one day to make a mash up.................

• botchtowersociety
    botchtowersociety

Whatever Beks. You are a sad joke, so your stupid accusations are barely worthy of any attention.

So. Whatever.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit