Where is the nicest hotel that you ever went to in your lifetime?

by Iamallcool 53 Replies latest jw friends

• doofdaddy
    doofdaddy

I always get to threads late!!

The nicest, well the most unusual and quirky hotel I have stayed at by a long shot was The Atlanta hotel in Bangkok. I am too lazy to upload photos but I can give you an idea of what it's like. The place is straight out of the 1930's/40's. When I arrived, I went staright to the pool. There was only one guest lazing on a sun chair. She had bright red lipstick, a huge floppy hat, thirties swimmers and sunglasses on and was lazily smoking a cigarette in a 12 inch cigarette holder! She gave me a look of disdain and turned her head. Greta Garbo? This was 2008!

I was to find out that the uber rich never stay in the high towers while visiting Bangkok. They search out this bizarre little piece of history. The staff are surly and rude, the hot water is even hit and miss. Try to complain and you will get a "dressing down" as all fitings are original from 70 years ago...There are two pet tortoises called Doris and Archibald named after Doris Day and Carey Grant which hobble around eating the plants.

• doofdaddy
    doofdaddy

I just googled the Atlanta and was reminded that the hotel reserves the right to not except you (even if you've booked) if they don't like the look of you!! LOL! Worth looking at their website.

• Room 215
    Room 215

.. Sandton Towers, Johannesburg, South Africa

• deep-blue-sea
    deep-blue-sea

We had the chance to visit Perou and have accomodations in the very best luxury hotels.

The first is very close to the Macchu Picchu Site and is very first service hotel: http://www.sanctuarylodgehotel.com/web/omac/machu_picchu_introduction.jsp

The second in Cuzco, was an ancient monastery dated from 1592. It is a real museum with fantastic rooms full of old paintings:

http://www.monasteriohotel.com/web/ocus/hotel_monasterio_introduction.jsp

I', so sorry not being able to show some pictures through I've tried with Imageshack and Photobucket!

That one has been a real fantastic trip, using the best hotels!

Regards, Claudia

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit