Where is the nicest hotel that you ever went to in your lifetime?

by Iamallcool 53 Replies latest jw friends

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

I want to vacation somewhere sometime later this year, but I am not sure where I want to go yet. I need some ideas.

• its_me!
    its_me!

Hmmm, I stayed in a hotel in Chicago right next to the House of Blues. I went there for a Kenny Wayne Sheperd (I think that's how you spell his name!) concert. For the life of me I can't remember what the hotel's name was. But the rooms were beautiful and had a very current style, and most importantly, it didn't smell like a hotel room! Just a nice fresh, clean smell. Not the typical "aroma" of bleach and shame!

• wannabefree
  • Iamallcool
  • LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

lamallcool:

I don't remember the name of it but it was on the Island of Capri, Italy and was in the late '80s, and was a very elegant place!

• Twisty
    Twisty

Westin Grand

Westin Grand Cape Town

• shamus100
    shamus100

It's funny - I only look to hotels as places to sleep. I spend about 250 days a year in hotels - read: I am never really home. They all blend in together after a while and really mean nothing to me.

When I travel to exotic places, sometimes the nicest places I have ever stayed are not necessarialy the nicest but the host makes the whole difference. Not to mention the atmosphere of the town; I completely eschew all-inclusive crappy all-you-can-eat resorts and fat-ass adventure "travel".

I was in a remote area and found a small "hotel hostel" run by an expat Texan and his wonderful wife. They made me feel so welcome I stayed an extra three days just because. I will always remember that place. After being on the road for three months straight it actually felt like I was home.

• JRK
    JRK

I have been to many nice hotels in my lifetime, but my favorites are usually historic hotels from the art deco period. My favorite is probably the Waldorf Astoria Casa Marina in Key West:

JK

• james_woods
    james_woods

It has been more than twenty years since I was last there, but the Broadmoor in Colorado Springs comes to mind...

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Royal Caribbea: Vision of the Seas - a floating hotel going from Vancouver to Alaska - awesome

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/ships/class/ship/home.do?shipClassCode=VI&shipCode=VI&br=R

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit