Where is the nicest hotel that you ever went to in your lifetime?

by Iamallcool 53 Replies latest jw friends

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

I agree with Talesin regarding the Chateau Frontenac in Quebec.

Also the Mark Hopkins in San Francisco, mainly because of the circular bar called Top of the Mark on the top floor with it's spectacular view of the city.

• White Dove
    White Dove

Carnival Liberty from Miami to Panama.

The BEST!

• Glander
    Glander

Add another Chateau Frontenac, Quebec City for old time luxury and ambience, including the village around it.

But one of the coolest I ever stayed in was the ANA (All Nippon Airways) Hotel in Tokyo. Compact but luxurious. Shiatsu massage in the room. I paid the massuese in advance because I was always asleep when she was done with me. (no, it wasn't a sexual massage)

I also was a road warrior for several years like Shamus. My busiest year was only 190 hotel nights, but I really liked the Hampton Inns in what ever city I happened to be in.

Stayed at the Tower Hotel on the Thames on a couple of trips to London. Great views of the Tower Bridge and Tower of London.

The Cotswold Lodge Hotel in Oxford was like an old Agatha Christie novel setting. Very quaint.

PS - The Embassy Suites in Portland is a beautiful, faithfully restored old hotel. I designed the kitchens and bars for the mid 90's restoration of what was the original (1912) Multnomah Hotel.

• White Dove
    White Dove

I was going to say that the best I've stayed in, besides the ship, was the Huntington-Sheraton Hotel in Los Angeles when I was nine.

I don't know what it's like now, if it's still in business.

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

that's a bit much, Shamus. I only stay on hotels around 125 nights a year.

• avengers
    avengers

Amsterdam!

In the summertime.

• moshe
    moshe

I was just a boy, but the motel had a real B&W TV (only cost 25cents for 30 minutes) and a vibrating magic-finger bed that Dad paid 25 cents for us kids to try out for 15 minutes- The trip to the UK was (upper Kentucky) was really nice.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

The Keltic Lodge in Nova Scotia:

Or the Mauna Kea in Hawaii:

Oh, and I must agree - the Awahnee in Yosemite is lovely.

And we were at the Timberline Lodge Mt. Hood, Oregon last year:

• NomadSoul
  • reneeisorym
    reneeisorym

No fail every time I book with Hotwire.com in a 4-5 star one I get a great room. I think my favorite was the Westin Ocean Resort Villas in Maui.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit