Do You Believe Abortion Is Wrong? Should It Be Against The Law?

by minimus 140 Replies latest jw friends

• Flat_Accent
    Flat_Accent

Not just that, i'm saying if anything happens to a foetus, and it lives, it can't remember anything. To suffer, you need to be aware of suffering. Foetuses have no awareness, they don't get lonely or bored inside the uterus, they are not conscious to anything, and therefore cannot suffer (this is while they are alive). If nature had made unborn children able to be aware of their surroundings and what was going on, that would be a very cruel way of life. All a foetus has is the potential for existence, for awareness, for thoughts and emotions. And if you want to say that because it has potential for life, it is life, I guess sperm is also a life, and I imagine a lot of teenagers are genociding thousands of human beings as we speak.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Flat, you cannot say that the fetus doesn't suffer. Once the fetus has a nervous system, and can feel pain, pain is pain. Doesn't matter if the fetus lives to see another tomorrow or not, suffering is suffering.

• Sulla
    Sulla

I was more of a spree killer than a serial killer. But that's neither here nor there, I guess.

Back to the fetus. Your example, Flat, is equally applicable to a newborn as it is to a fetus prior to birth. Is it not?

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    Back to the fetus. Your example, Flat, is equally applicable to a newborn as it is to a fetus prior to birth. Is it not?

Very good point.

My son was full term and spent time in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit. I can tell you he most certainly screamed and cried and fought every needle procedure or lancit they performed on him. They removed his umbilical chord and put his I.V. line right into his artery there. To this day he will freak out if you touch or even talk about his belly button.

I remember the preemie babies grimacing and crying in pain, during procedures, as well.

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

An 11 year old child developing girl asked me what 'abortion' was. We were watching the evening news. Having to explain it to her, and seeing her response . . . yeah, it's just wrong on so many levels. I think that the vast majority of abortions are done for financial or maturity reasons, and that makes them doubly wrong when adoption is a viable solution.

http://discovermagazine.com/2005/dec/fetus-feel-pain Fetus feels pain and stress early, and science is advancing in its knowledge. What we know today, may change tomorrow. And, I think it will be on the earlier side.

Skeeter

• worldtraveller
    worldtraveller

I believe that government has no business in the bedrooms of its citizens.

• blond-moment
    blond-moment

I am pro-life, that is why I am pro-choice. Women thruought history have risked everything to terminate pregnancies. More often than not, it was fatal. Personally it's none of my business if someone choses to have one or not, but making it illegal will not make it go away. I would prefer it to be safe.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

No and no.

I think there should be more abortions. I won't be happy until it's a multibillion dollar industry, like fast food. Maybe they could even have drive-thru windows, so women could abort their fetuses without getting out of their cars.

• maksym
    maksym

I believe life starts when the sperm meets the egg and becomes a zygote. Implantation is the next step.

I believe abortion is morally and ethically wrong on all levels.

I believe it is murder.

I also believe people of a nation have a right to participate politically for their morals and hence if the people don't want abortion then it should be illegal. If those morals come from a religious background or any other source then it is fair play to make a political pressure to enforce them.

All laws ever made hinge on an underlying moral or ethic. The source of those morals and ethics can come from a variety of sources such as tradition, religion, culture, philosophy, attitudes, etc.

Peace

Maksym

• xchange

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit