Do You Believe Abortion Is Wrong? Should It Be Against The Law?

by minimus 140 Replies latest jw friends

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Minimus, the Bible isn't the only book that people claim to be from God. Interestingly, not all Christians believe the Bible was ever meant to be a book that was 100% penned by God. My church believes it's more a history of three ancient peoples and their concepts and perceptions of God.

• minimus
    minimus

Really, Flyin'? I never knew that.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Yes, Minimus. It isn't that the Anglican and Episcopal churches don't think there are some truths contained in the Bible. But they do not believe the Bible was meant to be taken as God's literal word.

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

I believe that abortion is wrong according to the Bible. Just my personal thought.

• cofty
    cofty

When the fetus cries....oh, never mind.

minimus I was hoping for a more serious response. Looks like you didn't start this thread for a discussion after all.

• Sulla
    Sulla

The problem with your example, Sulla, is that you compare clumps of cells with a fully grown human being. We can't say at what point the soul enters the picture. Only God knows if it is at conception or if it is later.

If you saw the whores I kill, you'd know that they don't have souls, either. Vacant eyes, wasted potential; really, just appetites parasitically feeding on the needs of men like me... Really, I'm doing them a favor, removing them from a hopeless situation. Best for everybody.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Sulla, your example is very poor taste.

• minimus
    minimus

I don't know if abortion is necessarily "wrong" but I do believe it's taking a "life".

• minimus
    minimus

And I think Sulla is trying to make an extreme point.....( I hope he doesn't really kill "whores")....

• undercover
    undercover

I believe that abortion is wrong according to the Bible. Just my personal thought.

Let's go with that thought and ignore the serial killer for a moment.

Do you think it should be made law of the land...based on a moral code as prescribed by religious feelings?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit