Failed Marriages..."Born ins"

by xelder 27 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

What STEVE2 said. The divorce rate among born-ins rivals that of their 'worldly' counterparts. And that doesn't even account for 'failed' marriages.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

I created a spreadsheet of all the marriages of the people I grew up with. Of about 20 marriages around 10 were divorced, so pretty much on par with the rate of the world. Several were divorced, left the religion, and now have been married for years to non-JWs.

Here is an article about the divorce rate of Jehovah's Witnesses.

• oompa
    oompa

just a big AMEN itscrap!......but talesin....17 and 50....sorry but that is some sick thinking on your parents part...sick........oompa

oh...and my jw dad got my organ playing baptist mom preggo when she was 15 (the musical instrument like a piano ok?) ....she converted...they are still together...

i made it until 21...and my first jw marriage lasted 15 years as did this one....see.....i like long term!!!!!.........oompa

• diamondiiz
    diamondiiz

itscrap&theyknowit! : thanks but at this point I can't elaborate more on this personal issue.

JW world is a closed minded, totalitarian, unrealistic theocracy similar to Iran or many of the Muslim nations. Solution to the problems are just as stupid since wts world tries to have everything so simplistic as in Satan or the world being the ones who affect the loving, peaceful JW marriage arrangement or guilt JWs themselves that their marriages aren't working because they don't slave enough for the wts or some other totally stupid theory.

In JW world, you simply don't know the other person past the date persona and once the ring is one you wake up to someone with flaws that either person never thought of. Young adults who haven't been married, or lived with another person don't have a clue what to look for in another person and many get divorced or stay in unhappy marriages.

One cannot solve complex problems with a prayer to imaginary being that doesn't answer anything.

• ziddina
    ziddina

Hah!!!

I can tell you of my own personal experience!!

Not exactly "born-in" - my idiot parents joined the cult when I was 5 years old - but they hit, kicked, slapped, bullied and intimidated me until I joined too....

After I joined, during the pre-1975 "Armageddon" scare, I married the FIRST Jehovah-boy to propose, just so I could be married and not one of those poor, man-less spinsters of which there were far too many in the kh, already...

It was mostly a means to escape my vicious, hateful JW parents, who targeted me as the family "scapegoat", actually....

Anyway, marrying a guy just because he was another JW was a MISTAKE - a DISASTER - a MONSTROSITY!!!

We were TOTALLY incompatible - not sexually, just EVERYWHERE ELSE.

I hung on for 9 years, then had a one-night-stand and divorced the guy. Good riddance.

During the time I was on "Public Reproof" - because of the divorce, not the one-night-stand - I finally realised that I had my own job, my own car, my own place to live - I was free to ESCAPE!!!

So I stopped going to meetings, dated worldly guys, and basically LEFT THE CULT.

Man, if I hadn't had such IDIOTS for parents, I NEVER WOULD HAVE JOINED THOSE IMBECILIC JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES!!!!

Crap, I hope that answered your question.....?

• ziddina
    ziddina

Oh, and we didn't marry "Young".... Well, not chronologically, that is...

He was nearly 30, I was 21....

But we were both babes in the woods... He WAS "born-in", and spoiled rotten by his JW man-worshipping family...

Oy, that was SO much fun NOT!!!!

• life is to short
    life is to short

This reminded me of when we were at Bethel. When we went back there in the early 90's, it was when they were taking in couples for the construction of 90 Sands.

It has been so long now but of the say 15 couples we went in with at least 7 if not 8 of them divorced. Now these were elders some of one of them I know for sure was a Bethel elder if not more.

So that is almost half and it might be more those are the ones I knew about. They were the cream of the crop they had pioneered before going to Bethel, etc.

I was blown away by it all.

LITS

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

My wife and I are born-ins. Still together. We both came out of the organization at the same time. Our marriage is stronger now that we are out. It is based on a much more realistic foundation.

• JustThatGirl007
    JustThatGirl007

Baltar447 & I have been married almost 15 years. He's born-in, I'm raised-in (I was 4 & 5 when my parents got baptized). Since being out we're much stronger, much better off. I mean, we always were a strong couple, once he let go of the fact that he didn't marry June Cleaver. ;) But we're definitely better.

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

She was 18 and born in, I was 22 and in from 10.

14 years later I left her and the JWs at the same time to become a normal 'worldly' guy.

It was the toughest thing i have ever done.

Oz

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit