Your FIRST reaction to these words:

by belbab 33 Replies latest jw friends

• belbab
    belbab

And this good news of the kingdom will be preached inall the inhabited earth for the purpose of a witness to all the nations, and then the accomplished end will come.

belbab

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

My first reaction is to ignore those words. They were penned some 2000 years ago, and have virtually no meaning to them.

Is this a light saber in my pocket or am I just happy to see you?

"Hand me that whiskey, I need to consult the spirit."-J.F. Rutherford

• NameWithheld
    NameWithheld

My first reaction is "What's the good news?" and what's "the inhabited earth"? Then I remember that those words come from a fairy tale book ...

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

The message of JW's is one of doom and gloom (Armageddon). I find little good news in it.

• Carmel
    Carmel

Ya gotta remember the apostle Paul said the good news had been told to the whole world during his time. His personal armegeddon was falling off his ass onto his ass!

Carmel

• conflicted
    conflicted

I fell asleep. What were you saying?

• dedalus
    dedalus

I remember my dub reaction (back when I was a kid and my folks drilled this line into my head): The end ain't never gonna come, if we hafta reach the entire inhabited earth. There's just no way to reach everyone!

Made the preaching work seem especially futile.

My current ex-dub reaction: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Dedalus

• LB
    LB

I thought....

Goodie, now I can break into my neighbors house and take all their crap

Never Squat With Yer Spurs On

• lv4fer
    lv4fer

Is that possible to reach "all the inhabited earth" and what was the "good news" if your a JW you wouldn't know.

• peaceloveharmony
    peaceloveharmony

*puke*

hehe

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit