Your FIRST reaction to these words:

by belbab 33 Replies latest jw friends

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

Those words remind me of how impoverished (spiritually impoverished)
    I was as a young Jay Dub.
    Sometimes people would say that the measure of your spirituality
    was indicated by how many scriptures you could recall from memory and what chapter and verse they were in.
    The only scripture I could ever consistently recall was good old Matthew 24 v 14.

Sort of makes you wonder how I ever managed to bet baptized (not once, but twice) dont it?

Still, I was a good dub remembering that one scripture. It was the only Bible quote that really mattered to them anyway.

• ZazuWitts
    ZazuWitts

As a young girl, growing up with my JW family, I can at least say those words were sort of a good news, for my dad always ended his long-winded prayer at meal time with a version of that scripture. I can't tell you how many times, as the food grew colder, I was just waiting for for those very words. :)

Refiners Fire,

Ah, yes, Matthew 24:14; with that one scripture and their self-serving take on it, they hold so many captives to their twisted beliefs.

• FiveShadows
    FiveShadows

Ask Any Jehovah's Witness "What's 'the Truth?'..." and their reply is "Watchtower bible track society." Whenever a person leaves the organization...it is often said, "he has left 'the truth' " Whenever asked if this person is back in the organization ... it is often once again said/asked "They back in 'the truth?' " By this alone...The Master (Christ) has said to/about such like ones:

John 14:6 "I AM The Truth..."

John 10: 7,8 "...I tell you The Truth, I AM the gate for the sheep. All Who came in place of me are theives and plunderers."

And Luke 21:8 "Watchout that you are not decieved. For many will come in my name, claiming 'I am He,' AND THE DUE TIME HAS APPROACHED. Do Not follow them."

Indeed it is a snare and blasphemy, for continually they have said 'I am He' and said 'The the due time has approached.'

FiveShadows

• gilwarrior
    gilwarrior

mind control, lose all contact with your friends and family, the posibility of you or a loved one dieing because a blood transfusion is not acceptable.

"I have so much love to give, but no one to give it to."

William H. Macy - "Magnolia"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit