dirty trick at the meeting re facebook

by Aussie Oz 63 Replies latest jw friends

• rebel8
    rebel8

How is that a dirty trick? I had that part also and asked the same question.

I don't think it's a trick exactly, but it is not nice to put people on the spot, exposing their "sin" in front of others. You know full well what will happen. Those who raised their hands will be considered bad association and will be socially ostracized by some. While that may feel perfectly routine in a high control group it is not kind or productive in a healthy group.

If The Truth is really in people's hearts then they do not need to be manipulated to follow it. Jehovah will lead them in the right direction with His loving kindness, won't He? Jehovah is omnipotent and has no need for manipulation. The Truth shall conquer all, right?

I can't say it better than this [source]:

TACTIC 4. Frequent and intense attempts are made to cause a person to re-evaluate the most central aspects of his or her experience of self and prior conduct in negative ways. Efforts are designed to destabilize and undermine the subject's basic consciousness, reality awareness, world view, emotional control, and defense mechanisms as well as getting them to reinterpret their life's history, and adopt a new version of causality.

TACTIC 5. Intense and frequent attempts are made to undermine a person's confidence in himself and his judgment, creating a sense of powerlessness.

TACTIC 6. Nonphysical punishments are used such as intense humiliation, loss of privilege, social isolation, social status changes, intense guilt, anxiety, manipulation and other techniques for creating strong aversive emotional arousals, etc.

TACTIC 7. Certain secular psychological threats [force] are used or are present: That failure to adopt the approved attitude, belief, or consequent behavior will lead to severe punishment or dire consequence, (e.g. physical or mental illness, the reappearance of a prior physical illness, drug dependence, economic collapse, social failure, divorce, disintegration, failure to find a mate, etc.).

• shepherd
    shepherd

@TheSheppard " Then I proceeded to tell them that due to the popularity of these sites, it was wise for the Faithful and Discreet Slave to publish some warnings and counsel in the Awake magazine. "

Excuse me???? You have the nerve to get on the platform and say that and yet you post on 'apostate' websites? Your hypocricy would be stunning, except I don't believe you are telling the truth. In your next post you write:

" That's BS. They don't want to know who your having a conversation with. It's not like they're asking everyone to turn in their list of friends, for god's sake. " - No genuine Elder/MS would be comfortable with words like bullshit or say 'for god's sake', so I think you are a troll.

• ex360shipper
    ex360shipper

Everyone is attacking TheSheppard but I for one welcome having a current elder on the site, and he is entitled to his opinions.

Folks, just because most of us here are ex-JWs or inactive certainly does not mean we all share the same opinions on every subject. Lets keep it classy. He is not a hypocrite, he even said that he raised his own hand when he asked the question.

• shepherd
    shepherd

@ex360shipper I don't believe for one moment he is a real elder.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

In the most simplest words, the WTS. cult wants its members to make sure they don't start a relationship with someone who hasn't been mentally

indoctrinated by them and is being used by them.

Any person or organization that is not part of their organization is evil inspired by Satan himself and should be duely avoided .

Simple is it not

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

shepherd

of course you dont think it was a dirty trick, after all you did it too.

But considering the WT stance on the internet, you also have no problem disobeying your task masters so i hope you spend more of your time here learning rather than apolgising for them.

I know what its like, i was an apologist for 10 years till i found the truth about the lie.

oz

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

He is not a hypocrite

Coming on and positing on the biggest anti-jws apostate web site in the world is not being a hypocrite.

Come on get real.

The original objective by the WTS was about doing that very thing.

• shepherd
    shepherd

Let's get something straight. I am Shepherd. The person claiming to be an elder and saying it was not a dirty trick is TheSheppard.

I agree with you Aussie Oz :)

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Definition of HYPOCRITE

1 : a person who puts on a false appearance of virtue or religion 2 : a person who acts in contradiction to his or her stated beliefs or feelings

• notjustyet
    notjustyet

Brother on stage,.

"Does the brother with his hand still up have a question?"

Me,

"What about Facebook accounts under assumed names, do those count?"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit