dirty trick at the meeting re facebook

by Aussie Oz 63 Replies latest jw friends

• winstonchurchill
    winstonchurchill

I didn't have that part, but was glad to see the elder in charge of it didn't ask for people to raise their hands. He just asked rethoriaclly ("How many of us have..."). While I see TheSheppard's point, I think is better to avoid things that may be construed as 'spying' (as this post shows it might be the case).

With some notable exceptions, I don't think elders are setting up anyone and trying to find out who has a FB account with that kind of questions. It's just an 'easy' way to introduce the subject.

I do know of elders setting up a 'fake' FB account just for spying on others. Sad life!

• ziddina
    ziddina

"The Sheppard" made a lot of noise about how HE handled that part on the service meeting....

What I'd like to see, is the OFFICIAL Watchtower Corporation's printed OUTLINE for the talk...

Not "his" special little version of it...

Zid the She-Devil

• ziddina
    ziddina
    "Well, I was expecting the "does anyone know you're posting this" and the "you look like a hypocrite for posting here" argument. It was a matter of when. ..." The Sheppard

And since you were EXPECTING these comments, it is painfully apparent you're aware that you're behaving like a hypocrite by posting on a known "apostate" website...

No points for precognizance for YOU!!!

• No Room For George
    No Room For George
    "The Sheppard" made a lot of noise about how HE handled that part on the service meeting....

What I'd like to see, is the OFFICIAL Watchtower Corporation's printed OUTLINE for the talk...
    Not "his" special little version of it...

There is no outline for this, it was left up to the discretion of the speaker and based on articles from the 7/2011 Awake, and most recently 2/2012 Awake.

• ziddina
    ziddina

Hmmmm....

Anyone feel like posting scans of those two Awakes, pretty please???

Or perhaps the text, at any rate???

• red21
    red21

Wonder if this is why an JW family member of my wife said she is going to review her friends list? I am not too concerned if I get kicked off or not but I thought it was strange the way they put it?

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

The Watchtower will always stop just short of forbidding and leave it up to individual CO's and elders to be harder/slacker whatever the case may be. But what the society majors at is making it obvious to the rank and file what a 'mature christian' will do.

This applies with most things and the internet is one of them. Sure you may have a facebook or whatever, but as a weak christian you may not qualify for extra privleges yadda yadda...and we all know what they sort of manipulation does.

On the bodies of elders themselves, again you have nazi and slackers alike, and the nazi elder gets to lean on the slacker ones i am sure. And when the CO comes a calling you can bet he will be interested in who has an account.

I'll bet my left nut that after the next CO visits, 'theshepherd' no longer has facebook...nor will be here to tell us!

shepherd on dude.

Oz

• baltar447
    baltar447

There have been COs that came through and stated: If you have a facebook your privileges can be called into question.

• TheSheppard
    TheSheppard

"I'll bet my left nut that after the next CO visits, 'theshepherd' no longer has facebook...nor will be here to tell us!"

Well Oz, get ready to loose it in March after our visit.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

So you will ignore the CO's warning of visiting apostate sites

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit