dirty trick at the meeting re facebook

by Aussie Oz 63 Replies latest jw friends

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

My daughter told me about last weeks service meeting part on facebook...

The brother doing the parts asked for a show of hands who had a facebook account.

apparently a number of elders did.

(she did not put up her hand...in fact recently deleted all jws off her friends because she doesnt want them to know anything about her life)

i thought that was a dirty trick to pull.

Oz

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Wow. Was anyone taking names?

• DonutZ!
    DonutZ!

I bet somebody was keeping count and names, they wouldn't just do that randomly

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

and I'll also bet the elders deleted theirs pronto...

Oz

• steve2
    steve2

Little wonder more people in general have a face book under a different name that only trusted friends know- even then you've got to be so very careful - JWs more so than the average person.

• VampireDCLXV
    VampireDCLXV

That was pretty lousy. BOO!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zStwUCu_Prw

V665V665

• sizemik
    sizemik

Not putting up your hand is not lying . . . it's just witholding the truth from those who are not entitled to it.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

AUSSIE OZ: Yes, that sounds like a dirty trick and I'm glad she didn't fall for it. The religion is angry that they cannot SEE who everybody associates with and this is why they hate the internet. They are "defeated" in a sense by social media because people can use it in the privacy of their own homes. It lessens the effect of their disfellowshipping and shunning policies because now these people can have friends they don"t know about! It's all about CONTROL.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Sizemilk

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

elders often use deception to find truth, just like Jesus did. I used to see it and unfortunately, I participated in it

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit