How many of us have Higher Learning, and still mop floors

by Quarterback 53 Replies latest jw friends

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

Someone who works at a College locally, pointed out to me that one of their Scholar Students was stocking shelves at a Dollar store.

With this recession, are you finding that Higher Learning is wasting time?

I know that it's necessary to become a Dr. or a lawyer, but, with the shortage of work, even teachers are working as secretarys.

What do you think?

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Learning more-- especially about something you love or have an interest in-- is NEVER a waste of time.

• bohm
    bohm

No

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

I'm not sure what the rest of the story is there. Is this someone that is currently a student or a recent graduate? Did they have a degree in Political Science? Is this someone that only applies for jobs within 5 miles of the university that they graduated from?

Personally, I chose a university with great job placement. And I chose a degree program that has 100% employment right out of school and high starting salaries.

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

This is a person, with a Business Administration graduate degree. Not sure about the relocation thing. It could be the small town that they live in. Perhaps family ties.

But, this is happening in Toronto, Montreal, Vancouver...many cities in Canada.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

So your point is cut to the chase, don't go to college, and go straight to mopping floors? I would not tell my kids that. My hopes for them are much higher.

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

No, Mrs Jones. That's not my point. I believe anyone should be free to pursue what they want to do in life, and to work hard to acheive it.

Some have done very well with the school of hard knocks, as well as attending University, and College.

My point, the education dream is failing some.

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

No, Mrs Jones. That's not my point. I believe anyone should be free to pursue what they want to do in life, and to work hard to acheive it.

Some have done very well with the school of hard knocks, as well as attending University, and College.

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

Wow, didn't want this to repeat three times, and I have higher learning.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit