Social networks a huge no from the service meetings!

by life is to short 57 Replies latest jw friends

• designs
    designs

Being on Facebook has got to help pass the time during Assemblies.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

The Eskimo`s aren`t even safe from internet..

I saw a Picture in an Awake Magazine!..

http://www.montserratvolcano.org/inupiat-eskimo-igloo_438.jpg

........................ ...OUTLAW

• ranmac
    ranmac

I think the GB should start tweeting. Hey bros and sis's! We now appove of all blood transfusions! JK!! Lolz! @SamHerd Came up with some more definitions of generation! Check out my blog, ya'll! @Splaine69

• talesin
    talesin

Crazy MOFOs,,, let them die in their ignorance... bah, I just don't care anymore.

Yes, I would feel differently if I was recently exiting and had children or a spouse in,, and I understand your agony for those who do,, but for me and MY household, it's a lot of batshit crazy cult propaganda!

The problem is, most of them KNOW it's all a bunch of lies (like my family), and still decide to stay with it. Fine, stew in your own juices,,, be depressed,,, let the cult control your life,,, it's your choice! You're mostly hypocrites, who secretly use social networks, and do many other things the "Society" condemns, and KNOW the truth about the Truth TM . Doncha know,,, if you left, you could have a REAL life?

arrggh

t

• 00DAD
    00DAD

OUTLAW, did I agree with you in advance again?

Scroll up to my Post 1539 of 1543!

00DAD

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Wow talesin, tell us how you really feel!

• undercover
    undercover

So was this a local needs part? Or a corn-cobb-up-ass elder going off on a tangent based on a single line from a WT publication? Or was it an entire WT sanctioned part on the evils of social networking?

I think the WTS is smart enough to not come right out and say, "Don't do Facebook". They know what a phenomenom it is and that dubs use it. So they have to 'counsel' on its use. Who you link with, how much time, etc. Kinda like the early days of the Internet. They know they'll never be able to outlaw it but they can hope to limit its influence.

But anytime the WTS counsels on something, there is a segment of dumbasses who take it to extremes and will impose their personal viewpoints on others, especially if they have a position of authority in the congregation. It usually backfires though. The young, hip and connected snicker behind the dumbasses backs, put on a good show of obeying and then do what they want in private.

But OTOH, I have noticed the few JW 'friends' I have on FB are using it less and less. Are they just bored with it? Or are they following heed to the counsel to avoid it? I've even had a couple of dubs 'unfriend' me. I don't push agendas and I'm not part of any aposta-groups or ex-JW groups. I'm just an inactive person who was friended, then unfriended. The only plausible reason is that they're weeding out the unfaithful from their friend lists. And they're not doing it of their own accord. Someone is pressuring them.

• designs
    designs

The GB would like to be like the Catholic Bishops but they need another 400 years of Tyranny to really get the hang of it.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    OUTLAW, did I agree with you in advance again?.....00DaD

Yes you did!..LOL!!..

Did you notice all the Science Equipment in your Photo?

All Igloo`s in Watchtower World..

Have desks covered in science equipment ,internet service..And..

A hot tub and swimming pool with a diving board..

........................ ...OUTLAW

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

Not a local needs part. It was the regularly scheduled part on the SM that covered that Awake article mentioned and rightfully mocked above.

The guy that did ours (just a ms) tried to put a "reasonable" spin on it. It was still stupid and even my wife looked at me and rolled her eyes a few times at some of the more outrageous comments.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit