How many people on here have low self-esteem?

by Chemical Emotions 52 Replies latest jw friends

• caliber
    caliber

@RubaDub I would want to hear it... seriously . I am thinking you may have said this tongue in cheek

but is that not part of the root cause to self-esteem and depression problems we fear that people we see us a weak ?

Self-esteem seems sometimes to be a day to day thing often affected they how other people react to us ... it is hard but only if we can look past

this to our self-worth. We all to often hide our feelings out of fear.

All too often we (myself included for sure) want to be seen as postive and sure of ourselves.. the truth is

we all could use many encouraging words... a nice "pat on the back .. 'I understand buddy your hurts and fears !"

Does anyone wish to share a hug today ? because I could sure use one !!

75% of people with depression
    don't seek treatment likely due to fear or shame of appearing weak

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

(((((caliber))))

Here's a hug from sunny Australia!

• Chemical Emotions
  • Celestial
    Celestial

I do, so I was just curious.

I know the Org tends to attract/cause/contribute to people having low self-esteem, so I figure a lot of people must have it as bad or worse than me.

Are you in the organization now?

• Chemical Emotions
    Chemical Emotions

Technically, yes, I am. I am waiting for the right time to get out. I do not want to hurt anyone if at all possible, so I need to find the right time to leave completely.

• Celestial
    Celestial

Technically, yes, I am. I am waiting for the right time to get out. I do not want to hurt anyone if at all possible, so I need to find the right time to leave completely.

If you weren’t love bombed and there was something more genuine to your “Christian brotherhood” that's worthy of your careful consideration, that's your deal.

My meeting was this evening and I stayed home and watched violent R-rated movies. It never even occurred to me that I may of hurt someone's feelings.

If I go to the meetings, it's for myself. Pleasing others is trivial.

• Chemical Emotions
    Chemical Emotions

Good points.

• cantleave
    cantleave

I think anyone born in will have had self esteem issues at some time in their lives. As a witness you are never good enough.

• Chemical Emotions
  • Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

I was depressed in the organization, then plagued with anxiety as I left to go to university.

Professional counselling is a lot of help. I'm also using the book Feeling Good Handbook by David Burns.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit