Got Disfellowshipped!

by time2keepmoving 34 Replies latest jw experiences

• Sic Semper Tyrannis
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

We almost need a ceremony for disfellowhipping, kind of like a bar mitzvah of sorts. Have a guy dress up in a suit and play the part of the elder as he ceremoniously disfellowships you with such pompous words like "To thee I do disfellowship!". Then the party begins, the band starts up, and and the booze starts flowing.

• time2keepmoving
    time2keepmoving

We need something, because what they do to you mentally takes a lot out of you, and it take quite some time to get back to a healthy state. It's actually criminal what they do to people.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I hear ya. For years I looked over my shoulder. Even just having lunch with a client who is of the opposite sex would have me worried about potential gossip and rumours. Because there was always gossip and rumours

• time2keepmoving
    time2keepmoving

@ wha happened - tons of it and it never changes, you can switch halls 365 and still the gossip and rumors will follow. None of your information is kept confidental, it always gets out! They had a woman in our hall who husband was of course an Elder and she used the FS to tell others about confidental info that nobody outside of the elders should have known. Don't have to think too hard who was letting the cat out the bag. I've heard stuff about some people that should have never crossed my ears. That's how loving and wonderful the friends are

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Welcome to this forum and congratulations on being DF'ed. Enjoy your life and decide for yourself what is right and wrong.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

yea my ex FIL was the PO and I knew waaaaaaaay too much about the friends.

Non-issues get pigeon holed into wrong doing. I had to sell my house during the divorce so I had to crawle back to my Parents. Fortunately they had me move into one of their rentals. That's why I moved. I was broke, However, the rumour going around was that I hooked up with a recently df'd sister who had also moved back to the area that I was moving to. No basis or fact, I didn't even like that sister as she had cheated on my friend so it was just a complete fabrication. I even had a few of my friends inquire on this rumour and when I blasted them for it, for actually giving it an ounce of credibility they looked at me as if there was SOME truth it.

So that is the type of life a JW has to look forward to. Constantly getting hammered to do more FS, but also having to defend one's self from rumour and innuendo.

Enjoy your freedom. It gets much better

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

Timetokeepmoving, Welcome! Glad you are out with friends for support. You are already ahead of some of us who have'nt been out long. It seems the more a person strictly obeyed the stupid rules, the harder it is when you learn the truth about the "Truth". Pat yourself on the back.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Welcome to the forum time2keepmoving congratulations on removing yourself from this very cruel, manipulative and exploitive

religious cult . The destructive way this cult exploits people for the good of its publishing agenda by the Watchtower society is

sickening to say the least. But like you say they lure people in with their tactics of eternal Paradise and so forth but then overpower your life

to their will and benefit, nullifying each individual life with little importance, its all about supporting the organization and pushing literature. .

Fortunately now for many there is a lot of background information on the Net that people can do some research on the JW organization and

realize just how corrupt and fraudulent it really is. All the best in getting your family back together

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Welcome Time! Congratulations. Good to have you here.

"Low level relationships" That was very well put. I like it a lot, and it really nails what happens in the KH. I don't have any family in either, but I had a few good friends. I wasn't DF'd or DA'd, I faded, yet they still don't talk to me. I also went back to pre WT friends, and made a lot of new ones. It's nice to have REAL friends.

NC

• Tater-T
    Tater-T

welcome! time.....

One day I just said enough already. I'm not happy, in fact I'm miserable and this organization has turned something as intimate and personal as one's relationship with God into some burdensome, cold, depressing and frustrating. Time to go! Glad am out! Only regret is that I didn't leave sooner.

and Bravo... WTF .... watch tower fonies

LOL .... takes some time... to laugh again too!

later Tater.. good for YOU!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit