Got Disfellowshipped!

by time2keepmoving 34 Replies latest jw experiences

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde
    Every ministry school it was more and more badgering about "how can you increase your time in the FS, how to do more in the FS, starting a doorstep bible study, are you making the most of your return visits, are you doing all you can, are you witnessing informally, are you taking advantage of evening witnessing, can you make it a habit to go out on Sundays" that mess never stopped. I felt like they don't give a woot about me as a person, do they? All they want me to do is slave away in the FS. The heck with what am going through, what am feeling or helping me develop a better personal relationship with God. Just get out there in FS, that's their answer for every single thing! Just read our literature, go to our meetings and get out in FS, that all you need.

This is what started my fade. As I saw my parents getting older, I found there was less and less interest in their welfare. Oh yes, maybe once a year the WT would publish an article about assisting the elderly, but everything else, particularly on the service meeting, was about our ministry. I particularly remember one friend of my bed-ridden mom who told me she would get over to see her but she had to pioneer next month. I thought, "Why couldn't she make visiting my mother part of her pioneer service?" I was also reprimanded by two elders for spending too much time with her when I should be out finding people who had no "hope." I should have told them my mother (and my father) sat in their home "hoping" that someone would come to visit.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

"I was also reprimanded by two elders for spending too much time with her when I should be out finding people who had no "hope." "

You were reprimanded for doing what the bible directs, taking care of your family. If that doesn't scream cult, I don't know what does.

• ziddina
    ziddina
    "I only have one relative that is a JW now, the rest of my family is not in organization. I also did not really have any strong friendships with any of the people in my KH except for 2 or 3 individuals. ...." time2keepmoving

Oh, honey...

You are SO much better off than MOST other people in similar situations!!!!

I'm sure you know this already if you've been 'lurking' on this site for some time, but so many people here are in the HEART-wrenching situation of having wives, husbands, children still "in", and being unable to even TALK to them!!

Anyway...

WELCOME TO THE BOARD!!

We're happy to see you!!

• time2keepmoving
    time2keepmoving

I particularly remember one friend of my bed-ridden mom who told me she would get over to see her but she had to pioneer next month. I thought, "Why couldn't she make visiting my mother part of her pioneer service?" I was also reprimanded by two elders for spending too much time with her when I should be out finding people who had no "hope." I should have told them my mother (and my father) sat in their home "hoping" that someone would come to visit.

Wow! Is all I have to say, that some real foul stuff. I can't believe those elders said that to you. I mean I can believe it, but that they would have to nerve to let that pass through their lips is what's throwing me back. I know if they had approached me like that, I would have went off on them, right there in the KH and embarrassment the mess out of their behinds. I think they knew not to mess with me. My mother was also very sick and I can count the times on one hand the 'friends' came to see her. There was only 2 or 3 sisters who really looked out for my mother before she passed away. That was one of the 'silent beefs' I had with some of the people in my KH.

• time2keepmoving
    time2keepmoving

I'm sure you know this already if you've been 'lurking' on this site for some time, but so many people here are in the HEART-wrenching situation of having wives, husbands, children still "in", and being unable to even TALK to them!!

I know you are so right, there's a lot of people who are hurting because they have so much family in the organization and leaving has cost them family members, heartache or just frustration if they are forced to stay in order to hold on to their relatives. It's a wicked, cruel game....but I refuse to play it. I have lost a sibling right now to this mess, but I keep hoping somehow me and another family member can keep working on her, to get her out.

We are plotting and planning and I don't intent to give up. I will keep putting those seeds of doubt out there, so she can start to get her brain and critical evaluation skills working again. I know she is not happy in the KH she is currently in. She wants to move away so she can go to another hall but, that mess will only follow her everywhere she goes. I hope it does, so she can truly see that the 'machine' the W&TS is not the answer, and in fact they are really nothing more than a bunch of Charlatans.

• ziddina
    ziddina

I applaud your determination to get your sibling out, and I hope for the very best results for your efforts!!

Zid - the board's She-Devil...

• time2keepmoving
    time2keepmoving

When I meet with that stupid judical committee; (which I did not take seriously, because I already decided at the end of the day, I was going to do what is in my best interest regardless of what they had to say. This is my life. They can't judge me, God judges me, not them.) they told me all I needed to do was get a bible study and increase my hours in the field service. I was like WTH! I just sat there looking at them, giving them the side eye like are you really serious right now? You think you can give me a 'standard-dosage' answer, throw some simplistic rhetoric at me and I'll be crying and nodding my head in agreement? Not today!

None of the three men in there really knew me as a person, heck, they didn't know me at all, nor did they know the twenty+ year history of me and my ex-husband, nothing! I just sat there like, I'm going to keep my cool, but when I walk out these doors it will be for the last time.

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

Glad to hear how you stood your ground. The JC loves to play judges with no experience. Even the Borg recognizes the faultiness of such judicial meetings in providing appeals. Sadly even the appeals are faulty with men outside of the cong who know even less about the situation.

• time2keepmoving
    time2keepmoving

@ straightshooter - so true! I hope my leaving is shaking my sibling up! I told her about the UN situation in hopes of planting a seed she can not get out of her head.

• Tater-T
    Tater-T

Not today!

love it, you are freaking awesome .. they didn't know you... wow

tate

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit