Where are Gods people

by frigginconfused 45 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cofty
    cofty

i have seen some very nice people outside the org. But they still celebrate xmas and halloween. they dont seperate from the world

Learning to stop judging people is a very important step in your recovery.

• cantleave
    cantleave

What's wrong with Christmas and Halloween?

It sounds like your thinking is still being controlled by the Watch Tower.

• Heaven
    Heaven

fc, if you don't like most people, maybe the issue isn't them.

Colossians 2:16: Therefore let no one pass judgment on you in questions of food and drink, or with regard to a festival or a new moon celebration or a Sabbath day.

If you're looking for clean, God-fearing people who are no part of this world, maybe you should become Amish or Mennonite... well if you're looking at the Christian faith that is. There are other faiths to consider as well so maybe look into these too.

• trueblue
    trueblue

i have seen some very nice people outside the org. But they still celebrate xmas and halloween. they dont seperate from the world

Learning to stop judging people is a very important step in your recovery.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/bible/219016/1/Why-No-One-Should-Judge-You-For-Celebrating-Holidays

• frigginconfused
    frigginconfused

Its not about judging. Its fact that those holidays stem from pagan roots. I dont think a true christian should cling to tradition instead of gods will. As far as me not likeing most people. Most people are zombies. Aimlessly going through life connected to thier phones. No one really communicates anymore. Honor and integrity are not valued these days. Its hard to find old school people.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

You sound like someone who needs to break free and meet some real non-brainwashed people.......unlike the Convention Drama not all "worldly" people are demons...let go!

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Have you thought about starting your own religion? You could establish the rules/doctrines yourself.

This young man did it. He now has seven million followers.

If the JW religion is the one that most closely aligns with your values, perhaps you can continue with them, and try to overlook the imperfections of the individual brothers and sisters. Recall that even Jesus disciples were deeply flawed men, as were many loyal ones in the OT.

• sir82
    sir82
    Life has become meaningless for me. I have no friends because I dont like most people. I get into bad relationships with women that dont last long. I dont know where I belong.

I would strongly recommend professional counseling. It seems you have some very profound issues beyond "finding where God's people are".

• NomadSoul
    NomadSoul

You need to step over to the dark side and live a little.

• trueblue
    trueblue

Don't worry too much what other people are doing... if you don't want to celibrate holidays with them don't. I usually disapear around the holidays myself... or too busy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit