Where are Gods people

by frigginconfused 45 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• sizemik
    sizemik

Re: Where are Gods people

Matthew 24:40

• New International Version
      Two men will be in the field; one will be taken and the other left.
  • frigginconfused
    frigginconfused

Now Im more confused than ever. I havent been to a KH in 20 years. I have been a buddist, pagan, and back to christianity. So Im not speaking from ignorance.

I live in a world where morals and ethics dont exist. Im tired of feeling alone all the time. People are flaky fake liars. Wish I knew of a group dedicated to integrity and serving god.

• tec
    tec

I don't think you're going to find this group of people you seek. Not an organized group, at least, and not a big group either.

Few find the narrow path, right?

So perhaps you should simply seek the path, and then the path might lead you to other people walking that path. Finding the path should be the priority (because unless you do that first, how will you recognize others on that path?).

(Of course Christ is the path... and the door, the Truth, the Way, the Light, the Life)

Peace to you,

Tammy

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Most people are decent, actually.

• frigginconfused
    frigginconfused

Tammy,

Thank you for your post. I do have a relationship with god. I also feel Im on the right path. Thats not a problem. The problem is I have NEVER met another person like me. It gets lonley. I do have friends. And usually have a girl by my side. But I have yet to meet someone that lives up to the standards I set for myself.

You would think people like that would find eachother and form a group. I just dont know what that is.

• tec
    tec

But I have yet to meet someone that lives up to the standards I set for myself.

This could be the problem.

You can't set standards for other people, not without judging them. (to be good or bad, or weak or moral, etc.) It is not your place. God and Christ read hearts; not you. And we all fall short. All of us, and that would include you. So perhaps your standards are wrong. If you're worrying about celebrating holidays over showing love and mercy to all, then you might want to think about that. I would suggest that you should stop worrying about other people and what they do, or don't do. Worry more about YOU and what YOU do, and less about what others do.

Lets say you're the one not on the path. How would you want someone who was on the path to treat you?

Peace to you,

Tammy

• ShadesofGrey
    ShadesofGrey
    Thank you for your post. I do have a relationship with god. I also feel Im on the right path. Thats not a problem. The problem is I have NEVER met another person like me. It gets lonley.

1 Corinthians 12:4 -7 There are different kinds of spiritual gifts but the same Spirit; there are different forms of service but the same Lord; there are different workings but the same God who produces all of them in everyone. To each individual the manifestation of the Spirit is given for some benefit.

I feel that no one living close by is quite on the same path I am on and it does get lonely, but they are still my brothers and sisters in Christ.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    Wish I knew of a group dedicated to integrity and serving god.

It`s never going to happen..

Look for a place that serves Fried Chicken..You won`t be disappointed..

Fried Chicken brings people together..

Look at all these Happy..

Chicken eatin Muslims..

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_QfVWU-2pVL4/SIpY3HPagOI/AAAAAAAADJ0/T2FSjSpjbkU/s640/Muslim+pilgrims+line+up+at+a+KFC+restaurant+outside+the+Grand+Mosque+in+Mecca.+As+many+as+two+million+Muslims+from+around+the+world+are+expected+to+arrive+Saudi+Arabia+hajj+pilgrimage.jpg

.......................... ...OUTLAW

• ShadesofGrey
    ShadesofGrey

Answer to the OP: http://kristenfrihet.se/english/truechrist.htm

It was posted in another thread. Here is a quote to get you started, but please read more:

The answer is given by Jesus himself in his parable of the wheat and the weeds (Matt. 13:24-30, 36-43). As this parable shows, Jesus Christ sowed the "fine seed"--the sons of the kingdom (verse 38). He knew, however, that "the enemy" (the devil) would oversow "weeds"--the sons of the wicked one--in among the "wheat" in the "field", (= the world, verse 38). But He would not allow his servants to collect the weeds, because "while collecting the weeds, you uproot the wheat with them. Let both grow together until the harvest." (Verses 29, 30)

So what does this parable tell us about which group is the "one authentically Christian group"? It shows that there would be no such thing as one group of true Christians separated from all other groups of false Christians. There would only be true and false individual Christians. True and false Christians would all exist together in the same world of Christians, mixed like wheat and weeds in the same field.

Notice that it was at the "harvest" (= at the "conclusion of a system of things", verse 39) that the angels--not Christ's servants or followers--would remove the "weeds" from "the kingdom" (= the world of Christians) and gather "the wheat" into Christ's "storehouse." (Verses 40-43, 30)

• designs
    designs

How you know Jesus of the Gospels was not the Jewish Messiah: Matt.24:40; Matt.13:24-43.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit