Do JWs have a biblically normative relationship with Jesus christ?

by Vanderhoven7 93 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• bruh2012
    bruh2012

WTBS teach not to pray/talk to Jesus. Only to his DAD! in Jesus name. I always wondered about the idea of having a relationship with either YHWH or Jesus. To have a relationship with someone involves something from BOTH parties. I could be wrong on that.

We are talking about higher level spirit creatures that's involved/busy with the 7 or so billion people to have a personal relationship with us. Did anyone ever notice in the bible OT/Hebrew Scripts that in a few acoounts the scriptures say "And GOD/Jehovah/YHWH remembered" Noah in the ark /Isreal when they were in bondage to name a few!!! Does that sound like direct personal attention?? I could be wrong on that.

WTBS to me tend to put YHWH/Jehovah on a human level and that confuses the masses to think you just call on GOD and he is at your beckon call. I could be wrong.

Viewing it in the father to son/daughter mode then you naturally can get that "feeling" of attachment- especially in lieu of what Jesus instructs us to pray "FATHER". I could be wrong on that too.

Scriptural interpentation can be a monster!

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Thank you Bruh2012. As far as I know, talking to Jesus/Michael unless appearing before you amounts to spiritism.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

I agree with you VH7 JW's do not have the kind of relationship with Jesus that the bible say they should 2 cor 13:5 makes this clear; 5 Test yourselves to see if you are in the faith. Examine yourselves. Or do you yourselves not recognize that Jesus Christ is in you?—unless you fail the test. [ a ] I don't think any truthful JW would have ever thought of Jesus being in them, thier to wrapped up in the Jehovah idea. So they fail the test.

• villagegirl
    villagegirl

There is some deep seated fear JW's are taught and real revulsion to the

concept of being "born again" Terry described it in his first post as some

raving, frothing at the mouth experience he never wanted to see.

My understanding with being born again and my own experience is that it

is an awakening from within, a consciousness raising, an expansion of peace

and serenity and connection with the person of the Christ, it is about being

part of the whole body of Christ. That is why the taking of the bread and wine

is so important and profound, and why the doctrines of the WT are so anti-Christ

when they deliberately separate people from this communion and actually pass

these emblems around and refuse them. I also see such loneliness and confusion

on the part of so many on this very forum who seem unable to connect outside

the WT even though they have long realized it is a cult. The fear remains and the

the isolation, because the false WT doctrines they were taught still remain although

they think they have been released.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit