WTS successfully refutes bogus UN conspiracy theory/hoax

by trthskr 121 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• ziddina
    ziddina

(Hope this posts, since page #6 appears to be stuck...)

As Band on the Run said,

"It appears that the library was not the bait. Participation in UN programs was the bait. ...."

The main motivation for the Watchtower Corporation to join the UN appears to be greater access to Second and Third-World countries...

By joining the UN as an "NGO", it gave the Watchtower Corporation a false 'cachet' of legitimacy...

[excuse me as I fall over laughing at the concept of the anti-all-charities Watchtower Corporation appearing as a "legitimate" non-governmental organization by its membership in the UN...]

Zid

• Hoffnung
    Hoffnung

Some screenshots from the WT Lib 2011 that show how much the Watchtower Society published about United Nations, easily prove that they indeed did their utmost in promoting and supporting the UN. For the period the Watchtower Society was formally associated with the UN, from 1990 to 1999 some 935 mentions were made in the Awake magazine. As we know this relationship was cancelled in 2001, and the references over the next 10 years were 50 % lower. A similar picture is found in the United Nations References in the Watchtower. This easily refutes at least a few paragraphs in the jehovahsjudgement.co.uk article.

On the NGO DPI application document, that the jehovahsjudgement.co.uk website says is from 1991, it is also requested that the Society provides examples of articles they have published to promote and supprt the UN. It is obvious that the Society had no problem answering this question. Evidently, the UN would not ask this question if it was not expected from the DPI NGO to publish positive articles about the UN. So the Society knew from the start that they had to support the image of the wild beast, which they had vowed themselves not to get its mark on their forehead. The fact that supporters of the Society have to publish articles that basically say: "yes we did it, but it is not as bad as it seems", show that the accusations are true. If you don't touch it, you don't get burned. Well, the society got burned pretty bad, isn't it?

Hoffnung

• TheSilence
    TheSilence

bibbity bobbity boo...

• TheSilence
    TheSilence

three blind mice...

• TheSilence
    TheSilence

three blind mice...

• TheSilence
    TheSilence

See how they run...

• TheSilence
    TheSilence

See how they run...

• TheSilence
    TheSilence

Whistle while you work...

• TheSilence
    TheSilence

And just a few more...

• TheSilence
    TheSilence

This is a sucky thing to have to do to be able to read a thread. I'm sure there's an easier way I'm just not smart enough to figure out. Oh well...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit