Well, the pdf of the March 2012 WT is hot off the press!

by serenitynow! 53 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Intel
    Intel

You have a point poopsiecakes!

... but it's really more that we're obedient. If you walk around a KH building site, it's not really that organized but nobody questions the

instructions they're given. If a brother says to a group of people to move this pile of bricks over there, nobody asks why, they just do it.

This reminded me of one branch construction, where I participated. I had this huge, nefilin-like brother in my group and he was responsible to move stuff from one part of the site to another part. I put him in charge of the congo groups that would come in to help on Saturdays (they send out letters to neighboring congos pressing them to "help Jehober" building his new luxury home - this was in a poor 3. world country).

Anyway, one sister came up to me, very ashamed to call my attention to this brother. She was beating around the bushes, saying that she is really, really, really sorry for saying this and that she doesn't want to critizice the brother. I just wanted to hear WHAT THE HECK she wanted, because the construction was stressful.

She mentiones that she came here with her grandmother, 80+ years old and that this overseer brother DEMANDED that EVERYBODY should haul one timber beam from site X to site Y. These where massive wooden beams that weighted around 150 pounds or more. He was that uber-zealous guy that told everybody that Jehovah would help and cite some bullshit stories about Samson and others doing "marvellous things in the name of the Lord"

I went up to him and told him to stop this shit, since the beams where supposed to be hauled away with a Bobcat that we had on site. He was pissed at me, but I was his immediate overseer. I told the young sister to take her grandmother elsewhere, that this was no place for a fragil, old lady (she could hardly walk over the muddy place, let alone haul wooden beams!!!

I forgot about this episode, your comment reminded me again that they do everything out of sheer, blind obedience. The old lady was remorseful, because she should certainly help Jehober do his job. Dumb F%$#s!

• therevealer
    therevealer

Through the new covenant, Jehovah makes blessings
    available to many by means of a few. Those in
    the covenant are few, a mere 144,000. Through
    them
    , millions from all nations will be blessed with
    everlasting life in an earthly paradise. Some who are
    in the new covenant serve Jehovah on earth today.
    They alone properly partake of the bread and the
    wine because the cup "means the new covenant."

Who needs Jesus when ya got them 144,000 11,000+ 7 gb members

• factfinder
    factfinder

Those can't be true christians on the cover! Where are their ties? You can't go out in fs or to meetings without ties. It will frighten those in the hall.

• factfinder
    factfinder

therevealer- thank you for pointing this out. Everlasting life does not come through JESUS, no, it comes through the annointed remnant.

( And forgiveness of sins comes through the GB.)

• processor
    processor

They can't be true Christians- they have beards

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

They also have their mouths closed, so are they spreading the message by sign language ?

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

Haha, good catch Phizzy! At least they are gesturing though. Thats all the jackass TMS overseer in my hall cared about.

• ilikecheese
    ilikecheese

I tried to see what the "..." was leaving out in the definition of disciple, where it says "The New International Dictionary of New Testament Theology explains: 'Following Jesus as a disciple means the unconditional sacrifice of [one's] whole life... for the whole of his life.'" I wonder if it says anything about sacrificing your life to JESUS, which is why they left out the middle bit? I just googled for close to an hour and couldn't find anything. Darn good thing I have no life. If anyone who has any access to that dictionary cares to share, I'd greatly appreciate it.

I also think it's sort of funny that they talk about the thousands of different denominations of Christianity. Most of us really aren't that different... In my experience, I've noticed the main differences are on less significant doctrine or church hierarchy.

Oh, and also, "A true Christian, therefore, is one who follows the teachings and instructions of Jesus, the Founder of Christianity, totally and unconditionally" Then I guess Jesus was the only actual Christian, huh? Cos the rest of us are about as perfect as Donald Trump's views on hairstyling.

The Jehovah's Witnesses "regard the Bible as their only source of belief and rule of conduct." Really? And they say the Catholics don't get all of their ideas from the Bible. I want to see them point out Biblical proof that Jesus is Michael the Archangel, was actually created, that Jesus isn't the only way... there's also an organization, that people only receive blessings through the "annointed," that there are two different types of hopes, that Jesus was going to pick an organization in 1919, etc.

And how it says that Jesus was obviously using God's name. Then why was it nowhere in the New Testament? It was a tradition before Jesus just to use Lord and God, wasn't it? And praising themselves because they go "house to house" and no one else does. And that matters because...? There are millions upon millions of new converts to the rest of us "Christians who aren't really Christians" every year, despite our lack of door to door-ness. Sheesh. Thanks for recommending the reading.

• Sayswho
    Sayswho

• Phylacteries were boxes containing scriptures that were worn by Jews on the back of their hands and their foreheads. Jesus criticized the hypocrites for making them large for pride's sake. Scripture:

Matt 23:5 5 “Everything they do is done for people to see: They make their phylacteries wide and the tassels on their garments long;

Footnotes: Phylacteries=

1. Matthew 23:5 That is, boxes containing Scripture verses, worn on forehead and arm.phylacteries

Sw

• stillstuckcruz
    stillstuckcruz

The caption on pg 12 reads:

"Is your opinion of Jehovah’s Witnesses
    based on impressions or on facts?"

On the actual page it states:

It is not surprising that unfavorable or disparaging remarks are made against those who endeavor to follow Jesus’ example.Why not? Because Jesus warned his true followers:“You will be objects of hatred by all people on account ofmy name.” But he encouraged them with the words: “He that has endured to the end is the one that will be saved.” —Matthew 10:22.

In obedience to Jesus’ command, Jehovah’s Witnesses today work hard to bring the good news of God’s Kingdom to people worldwide. (Matthew 28:19, 20) Those who flatly refuse to listen risk losing out on the opportunity of getting on the road to everlasting life. (John 17:3) What about you? Will you be guided simply by first impressions and preconceived ideas, or will you be willing to examine the facts with an open mind? Remember: Appearances can be deceptive, and impressions can be wrong; but an objective examination of the facts can result in pleasant surprises.—Acts 17:10-12.

---->Like all the "public" editions, it fails to mention that those who do not accept that message will die a terrible and everlasting death!

It's also interesting how JW's cannot apply these "open-minded" standards to themselves. For a JW to "be willing to examine the facts with an open mind" any other literature not designated by the WT society...is evidence of being "weak in the faith", and "not putting trust in Jehovah". These "public" editions are truly watered down.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit