Well, the pdf of the March 2012 WT is hot off the press!

by serenitynow! 53 Replies latest watchtower bible

• iCeltic
    iCeltic

No Room For George - pointing things out isn't hating. (not sure if you are being funny or if you mean that)

• sabastious
    sabastious

This is like a bad dream...

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

The article about having love among them, where the JWs attempt to show how charitable they are is an epic fail. They cite some "experience" about helping people during 2004 hurricanes. Then there is a quote from this guy: " the chairman of Florida’s Emergency Operations Committee" who was so impressed by the JW response that he said this: “ He said that no other group was as well organized as Jehovah’s Witnesses” however it seems he was not impressed enough to give his name for verification purposes.

If they really wanted to show themselves to have love for anyone, they would be able to say that every year they donate X amount of dollars to anything worthwhile- food, housing, etc.

That is embarrassing.

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

They cite some "experience" about helping people during 2004 hurricanes.

What the 'experience' fails to mention is that their charity only extends to their own members. And also that this Chairman is probably affiliated with the JW's somehow - if not a member himself, he probably has a relative who's a member, that's usually the way it goes...

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

It really is embarrassing. He noted their organization, not their charity. Lot's of groups are organized. I think this person basically gave them equivelent of a left handed compliment

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I think George has a wit about him ;)

• iCeltic
    iCeltic

It's hard to tell sometimes just by reading text

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

Another thing about that Chairman's comment - I remember a CO or DO or something like that saying from the platform words to the effect that 'everyone says we're so organized, everyone's impressed with how organized we are and that's nice to hear but it's really more that we're obedient. If you walk around a KH building site, it's not really that organized but nobody questions the instructions they're given. If a brother says to a group of people to move this pile of bricks over there, nobody asks why, they just do it. So it's not that we're organized, it's that we're obedient.' Jeez...I shoulda known then and there to just grab my purse and hightail it outta there.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

oh beleive me I know. I should give people the benifit of doubt more often. I'm sure I've given some surly remarks that were unwarranted

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!
    I think this person basically gave them equivelent of a left handed compliment

If it happened at all. They should have just named him Andre.

I mean really, do you expect me to believe that the JWs beat the Red Cross in getting to the scene and passing out helpful things like food, water, blankets? Whatever. JWs will show up with bibles bible based literature and telling people about paradise.

I really think they should stop hanging their hat on the "highly organized" bit. Don't they realize lots of groups are organized? The Nazis were extremely well organized, as are many other corrupt enterprises. What does that prove?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit