The great unanswered question - WHO chose the Governing Body to serve as representatives?

by cedars 105 Replies latest watchtower bible

• cedars
    cedars

00DAD - Do you think it's worth trying to get the official court transcript of that statement in PDF format?

If nothing else has come from these court cases (and I believe they have actually achieved a lot, if not as much as we hoped) then surely the representatives of the Society disclaiming the existence of the FDS is damning evidence to use against them???

Cedars

• M*A*S*H
    M*A*S*H

To look at this from a dub point of view, would they not assume that Jehovah chose them in 1919 when he chose the organisation as his 'channel' on earth. I expect that answer would do for any dub I know?!

• cedars
    cedars

M*A*S*H -

would they not assume that Jehovah chose them in 1919 when he chose the organisation as his 'channel' on earth.

That's the point. The Governing Body didn't exist in 1919!! In ANY form!! Therefore, how could it have been chosen to represent the FDS?

Cedars

• M*A*S*H
    M*A*S*H

I suppose that's the beauty of using the "governing body" as a collective noun and a proper noun "Governing Body". I don't think a dub would ever admit a body of men were not guiding the organisation from CTR onwards... the FDS are confused into this mix. I'm not suggesting the GB are not a anymore than 'some self elected blokes' running the WBTS!

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Interesting thread. Good points, well made.

Loz x

• tornapart
    tornapart

00DAD and Cedars. It would be great to be able to read it as an official doc. I knew I'd read this on here somwhere but couldn't remember where. I think it's pretty dynamite. The WTS actually using it as a 'get out of jail' card. Even if the case itself came to nothing, the fact they said that the FDS can't be prosecuted because it doesn't exist! So if it doesn't exist.. in their own words...

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I think that the statement to the court boiled down to "does not exist as a legal entity in Australia" hence cannot be brought to Court.

But if Ms van Witless said what OOdad has in parenthesis in his post, that is pretty incendiary stuff, and we need a proper document that won't disappear or be proved fraudulent or something, we don't want to lose credibility.

• sir82
    sir82
    The Governing Body didn't exist in 1919!! In ANY form!! Therefore, how could it have been chosen to represent the FDS?

But the current GB (and previous incarnations) is clever. They have managed to plant the idea that the "8 directors of the WTBTS" who were imprisoned in Atlanta in 1918 were the "Governing Body".

Ask any JW who takes this sort of thing seriously and I can guarantee you 99% percent of them would say that.

• cedars
    cedars

sir82 - whether the current GB is clever or not in misleading the rank and file into believing something without actually printing it, the fact still remains that they have not answered the question posed in the OP.

Cedars

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

Nobody, it is an arrangement, they have existed in some form or another since the first century, they were not always identifiable and existed in splinter forms for most of the centuries, each member often not being aware of another ... until the final coming out of Babylon the Great and reuniting into the corporate leadership of the Watch Tower organization and finally coming out of that arrangement to the fully cleansed Governing Body entity in 2000. Praise the Lord.

.... cedars, certainly a good question, but in my insignificant opinion, pointless to JW drones, it only becomes an issue once awakened from the madness

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit