The great unanswered question - WHO chose the Governing Body to serve as representatives?

by cedars 105 Replies latest watchtower bible

• 00DAD
  • bats in the belfry
    bats in the belfry

Sorry, I couln't resist - GB representing FDS: Yo, we all represent the hood, the only difference between us is that we make this shit look good. - Keith Murray

• 00DAD
    00DAD

BTTT

• tornapart
    tornapart

Cedars, I just checked out your 'makeweight scenario', and thought you made some good points. I have tried it myself once or twice as well as the how can you have such a thing as 'present truths'.. truth is truth, it never changes. Only lies change.

What a shame your thread got seriously hijacked. All I read after the first page was insults being hurled around and obscenities. Could you repost it and hopefully it might get the respect it deserves?

• cedars
    cedars

Thanks tornapart. When I eventually get round to it, I intend to write a blog article for jwsurvey.org and jwstruggle.com on the "makeweight scenario". Hopefully at that time I can start a new thread that won't get hijacked. N.drew was going through a strange phase at the time, and we had some "teething issues" with her!! lol

I'm really glad you find some of my reasoning helpful in your own situation.

Cedars

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I concur Tornapart, it is a splendidly put question, it more than likely will not have an immediate effect on a JW, it is amazing the capacity we had, and they have, to "put things on the back burner", helped along by the WT false propaganda that it is a good idea to "wait on Jehovah".

(Don't try that, you will still be waiting when the DFS sale really has finished !)

Eventually though, unanswered questions like that mount up and combine with the person's magic bullet and Ping! an epiphany, real lighht, that the WT is not what it says it is.

I remember asking my father, a JW for all his adult life, if "the Holy Spirit played tricks on the brothers" telling them incorrect stuff for a while, I forget his answer, it was not a good one, for the thought still troubled me until my epiphany.

Both the thread title question on this thread, and the "Makeweight scenario" question, cannot be satisfactorily answered by JW's. so getting them to think about them can only help them on their way to seeing the truth.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

A more preliminary question is: Who chose the FDS?

• cedars
    cedars

Vanderhoven7 - the point of the question in the OP was that Watchtower publications offer no answer to it. Many times the Society insists the FDS was chosen by Christ in 1918/19, but NOWHERE does it say who chose the GB to represent the FDS, or when this happened.

Cedars

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Vanderhoven7: A more preliminary question is: Who chose the FDS?

The methodology that Don Cameron used in his book, "Captives of a Concept", neatly and easily disproves the WT's claims regarding the "FDS" and does so in an extremely simple and effective way:

• If what the WT taught in its publications in 1918/1919--when Christ supposedly "inspected" all religions and "chose" them as His earthly representatives to the exclusion of all others--was Truth, then why don't JWs teach and believe those same doctrines today?
    • On the other hand, if what JWs teach NOW are accurate, correct words of "Truth", then what Russell taught and the WT published in 1918/1919 was wrong and Christ would NOT have chosen them.

Either way, they lose. It's not hard to understand: The WTBTS is NOT Jehovah's/Christ's chosen organization. They either did NOT teach the Truth in 1918/1919, or they do NOT teach the Truth now, or maybe even both. Again, either way they lose.

This is clear, irrefutable logic: plain and simple. You don't even need to get caught up in the validity of any particular doctrinal point to understand the obvious inherent contradictions of the WTBTS's claim to led by the "Faithful and Discreet Slave," which is not-coincidentally the very foundation for their assertion of authority.

And logically, if there is not a FDS, then the GB don't represent anybody or anything other than an imaginary concept. The FDS class is a phantom entity, they simply do not exist!

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Victoria, Australia: Report on Oct. 11th hearing involving Steven Unthank

During the court hearing on October 11, legal counsel for the Watchtower Society, Rachel van Witsen, from Vincent Toole Solicitors (the WTS's in-house law firm located inside Bethel, Australia) made a statement on behalf of the Watchtower Society that:

"The faithful and discreet slave is not a legal entity."

The Watchtower Society and Vincent Toole Solicitors then presented rebuttal argument that the "faithful and discreet slave" did not exist but were nothing more than a:

"theological arrangement"

"The FDS is no more than a never existing group of imaginary Christians who are really nothing more than a convenient "theological arrangement" whom Jehovah's Witnesses mistakenly believe exist."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit