The great unanswered question - WHO chose the Governing Body to serve as representatives?

by cedars 105 Replies latest watchtower bible

• 00DAD
    00DAD

CEDARS:

You've nicely led us to our next big question, which is "how can the Governing Body truly be representatives of a group of people that they fail to even identify?"

They can't, they aren't. But, as I also said, the average JW either hasn't figured this out or is afraid to say anything because they'll be disfellowshipped for apostasy.

I started questioning the whole FDS concept about a decade ago when I was still an active elder, but you can believe I kept my questions and doubts to myself.

It was only after I was disfellowshipped that I felt the freedom to take a really good, hard, long look at this teaching and see if it held up to careful, close scrutiny. It clearly does not.

I spent a couple of years trying to figure out if I wanted to go back and get reinstated or not. The stakes are high. I have two sons still in; one hardly talks to me and the other won't at all. So I was highly motivated to have my doubts erased and my "faith in the FDS" restored. My need to know the truth, the Real Truth was stronger. It hurts though because I love my sons and I miss them every day.

The clear truth is that it's all just a bunch of incoherent lies.

The Emperor is naked, and he's fat and ugly too!

• soft+gentle
    soft+gentle

In answer to your thread title cedars, I seem to remember that Christiandom was asleep at the time - perhaps they'd consumed too many parrots' eggs -this is how some groups, according to Sir James Frazer, kept succession fresh and youthful. So the GB, as they were awake spiritually, were appointed. but i think it is time they are given some parrots' eggs.

• wasblind
    wasblind

I got ya Cedars :)

I get carried away sometimes pointin' out the mess they write

such a buffet to choose from, and those rascals are tryna be careful

on how they serve it up, ain't careful enough though

• wasblind
    wasblind

Tell it!!!! 00Dad, Tell it!!! :)

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Thanks wasblind - I feel like I have a fan!!!

• Yan Bibiyan
    Yan Bibiyan

Cedars,

Don't you know what "represent" means in hip-hop lingo (#2 and #3 are particularly relevant)?

The Brothers are representin'...

• 00DAD
    00DAD

YB: I wish they would go down to Antarctica and REPRESENT to the penguins!!!

'Cuz them boyz sho' needa' chill ... I'm just sayin' is all!

• Yan Bibiyan
    Yan Bibiyan

...right and count them as studies and converts to help the stats

• 00DAD
    00DAD

CEDARS - This thread of yours reminds me of this one I started a couple of months back:

The Faithful and Discreet Slave - A JW Myth

You should go back and re-read your own post #603 where you bring up the issue of the word "representative" as used to describe the relationship that the Governing Body has with the FDS.

I think this was around the time you started your Global Surveys ... Good stuff!

Cheers,

00DAD

• tornapart
    tornapart

00DAD I like your illustration of the Emperors Clothes. I've thought of that myself. I've also thought it's like the Wizard of Oz.

I wanted to post a youtube video but don't know how..anyway it's called 'Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain'. It's only 1 minute but

Wizard of Oz= GB

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit