It's almost that time of year again where SPROUTS appear.......

by watersprout 24 Replies latest jw friends

• watersprout
    watersprout

On their stinky trees in the supermarkets, green grocers and then on your DINNER plate! OH THE HORRORS!!!!!! *Pulls out hair in angst*

What are we to do? Do we sit back and allow these evil vegetables to corrupt the humble Christmas dinner?? Do we??

NEVER! Til the day I die I will fight to eradicate the earth of this mutant vegetable, WHO IS WITH ME????

I will lead a rebellion against these sprouts and all those that follow the sprout leader and spokes person commanly known as SHELBY! I will start a revolution and take the sprouts and their gassy minions into the fiery pot of veghalla! HA!

Peace! Except to the sprouts and those that veg with her!

*Points giant cucumber at Shelby and her army and laughs with an evil glint in her eye*

• St George of England
    St George of England

Don't know where you live watersprout, but here in England we just LOVE our sprouts.

Mind you, they need a bit of frost on them before picking, just to sweeten them up a bit.

George

• cedars
    cedars

St George of England - no I'm sorry, not all of us do!

Cedars

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

Um, watersprout <<<<< I would have thought you would be a fan of sprouts.

• watersprout
    watersprout

Mickey All of them except BRUSSELS! Ewww they make me sick! They are the dirty stinky sprout and they wish to defile all the other sproutrs.

George I am in the UK. My family LOVE brussel sprouts and the smell they produce after! Ewwww.

Cedars thank you, come join my rebellion!

Peace

• cantleave
    cantleave

I like Brussels - not so keen on the after effects though!

• cedars
    cedars

Thanks watersprout - although destroying every single brussel sprout (or, as you so eloquently put it, taking them "and their gassy minions into the fiery pot of veghalla") is a pretty ambitious task by any standard. It makes bringing down the Watch Tower look like something to do on your lunch break by comparison. If we could find a way of doing it efficiently and with minimal effort, then sign me in.

Cedars

• NomadSoul
    NomadSoul

They're not that bad if fried and seasoned right.

• rebel8
    rebel8

Quarter them. Coat in olive oil, salt and pepper. Roast well.

Just like candy.

• Morbidzbaby
    Morbidzbaby

Cut them in half, steam them... then in a saute pan, melt half a stick of butter and the juice of a lemon. Let the butter and lemon heat until it starts to brown slightly...add in the cooked sprouts, salt and pepper to taste. Toss until well coated and serve. It really is yummy! I've turned many a sprout-hater into a sprout lover with this recipe!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit