It's almost that time of year again where SPROUTS appear.......

by watersprout 24 Replies latest jw friends

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

I love brussel sprouts. I've never understood why they're so maligned.

• sizemik
    sizemik

Steamed Brussel Sprouts with cheese sauce

Sauteed Brussel Sprouts

Re-heated Brussel Sprouts

Brussel Sprout soup

Food of the Gods

• designs
    designs

Brussel Sprouts....hey every once in awhile God makes a mistake

My folks would make me stay at the dinner table until I ate all my Brussel Sprouts, I would try and cut them up small and mix them with mashed potatoes or meat loaf ANYTHING to mask the taste. Oh the Flash Backs

• wobble
    wobble

Hated them as a kid, love 'em now. Mainly, as Cantleave hinted at, for the entertainment value.

If you eat enough of them, you can fart like that Hippo on the other thread !

• sizemik
    sizemik
    If you eat enough of them, you can fart like that Hippo on the other thread !

LOL . . . they score quite well on the foul aroma scale too. Perfect man-food.

• AGuest
    AGuest

That's RIGHT! Now is the "TIME" for Brussels Sprouts! Arise, succulent favors... and go forth! Let your presence be KNOWN... in supermarkets, grocery stores, restaurants, dining halls, and on kitchen tables everywhere!

As for YOU, evil sprout blasphemer... get behind us!! Be gone, for you have NO power here! Return to the fallow wasteland that is your "bed", the land of "illegitimate" sprouts... rank with the manure of mere vegetable eaters... and spread your vile contempt there. Leave off your wicked malignation of the tasty orb... once and for all! As I will not HAVE it, I tell you! WILL not!

Rachafracharachafracha disloyal sprout! Speaking ill of and hiding yourself from your own "kind"! ALL sprouts are worthy I tell you! Especially the tasty morsel that is Brussels!

Be gone, anti-sprout-y spirit... before someone quarters, oils, and roasts YOU!

From "You-Know-Who", who's given her very life to championing the humble Brussels from the evil persecution it receives... even from its own kind!

• watersprout
    watersprout

You brussell sprout lovers GET BEHIND ME!

Shelby Shelby Shelby.... So you appear with brussell sprouts coming forth from your mouth! Yet AGAIN you vegpheme! YOU take your minions and get BEHIND me! I will NOT be taken down, I am the righteous sprout and the brussell will not become my downfall!

Oh and as for power, it is YOU that has no power! You just think you do! I do NOT fear you and what your sprouty minions are up to! REPENT and recieve the mercy of the one true sprout!

Tick tock tick tock....... Time is running out Shelby.......

The veginess that spills forth from your mouth causes me to wail.... Why would you do that, why, why, why??

*Grabs a tree sprout, sets it alight and laughs as the minions wail in angst*

• AGuest
    AGuest

You BURNED a tree sprout??!! (SA rips apart her garments and begins to wail!) OH, YOU BLASPHEMER... and KILLER OF SPROUTS!! How will you escape the judgment that is to come upon you?? You cannot! You have done something that never even came up into the mind and heart of the Great Sprout! You have passed sprouts THROUGH THE FIRE!! Oh, that shows who and what you REALLY are - an idolator and worshipper of Baal-sprouts! Well, you just wait. Your judgment is eminent. For with the SAME fire that you have burned those dear, innocent tree sprouts... you will be burned! Forever... and ever! Your torment will NOT cease! Indeed, it will get WORSE... when you are forced, finally, to EAT a tree sprout! Oh, yes... EAT them! Didn't see THAT coming, did you? But you will... and to make your torment even worse... you will LOVE them!

For I, champion of lowly Brussels wherever they may be... will prepare them FOR you! I will not only quarter, sprinkle with OIL... and roast them one low heat (so as NOT to burn them - the blasphemy!)... to to succulent tenderness... but will top them with parmesan cheese... and... wait for it.. BACON! Yes! Didn't see THAT coming, either, did you? Yes, tiny crisped up pieces of PORK... which only further enhance the tender delectible and deliciousness of those worthy sprouts, the very ones whose flesh YOU have profaned with your HIGH FLAME!

Your fate is sealed, O Killer of Sprouts, O Profaner of Your Own Kind! Bow down... and prepared yourself for your judgment! For never will you stand again until you say, "Brussels sprouts ARE good... and good FOR me... and I eat them with relish... as prepared by the one who comes in name of the one who LOVES them!

May the Vegetable God have mercy on your poor, poor soul... and not force you to eat boiled, mushy BSprouts!

A servant to the lowly Brussels... and all other wrongly slandered and badly/over-cooked vegetables (like broccoli, cabbage, squash, parsnips (yuck!), turnips (gag!), and rutabegas (choke!)...),

SA

• still thinking
  • watersprout
    watersprout

PAH! You do not frighten me with your gassy threats of sprouts! It is YOU that has offended the most SPROUTY one with your talk of throwing ME ''the chosen one'' into the gassy pit of brussellness!

The sprouts NEEDED to be taken through the fire.... This evil MUST BE DESTROYED! I willtake every sprout tree and destroy it. My army is ready to destroy! They are armed and ready for their HOLY mission!

Not only do you vegpheme you want to defile the brussell even more by coating it with other foods! Can you not see that the brussell is soo evil it needs to be ''coated'' so as to be edible! Are you not sugar coating filth?? I think so! Pffttt!

You speak ill of the turnip and the parsnip! They are mighty vegetables in a soup, not like the brussell that defiles the foods it comes into contact with.

The most sprouty one will forgive you, but only if you will repent of your sprouty ways... *Mutters... can't see that happening*

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit