The Control is simply amazing

by outsmartthesystem 63 Replies latest jw experiences

• 00DAD
    00DAD

This is why discussing doctrine is almost always an exercise in futility.

That being said, I think a much better approach is taking a good hard look at the foundational teaching of the authority of the Governing Body: The Faithful and Discreet Slave.

There are several lines of evidence that disprove their claim to have been chosen by Christ

The Watchtower asserts:

"On arriving to inspect the 'slave' in 1918, Christ found a spirit-anointed remnant of faithful disciples who since 1879 had been using this journal and other Bible-based publications to provide spiritual 'food at the proper time.' He acknowledged them as his collective instrument, or 'slave,' and in 1919 entrusted them with the management of all his earthly belongings." - w07 4/1 p. 22 par. 5

• It is interesting that they refer to the SLAVE as a "spirit-anointed remnant" and as a "collective instrument" when the truth is that in 1918-1919 CT Russell was believed to be the "FDS" all by his little, ol' lonesome self. No others need apply. Nothing like a little revisionist history!

But to me the simplest is the recent admission by the GB that they don't even know who the anointed are!

"We thus have no way of knowing the exact number of anointed ones on earth; nor do we need to know. The Governing Body does not keep a list of all partakers, for it does not maintain a global network of anointed ones." - Question From Readers, w2011 8/15 p. 22 - Emphasis added

So if the GB does not know WHO they are are WHERE they are, certain questions quite naturally come to mind.

• How exactly does the FDS class communicate with the GB?
    • How exactly does the FDS as a group coordinate with the GB in the providing of spiritual food?
    • How exactly is the FDS class involved with the selection of the GB members?
    • How exactly do the individual members of the FDS class participate in any way, shape or form in the all-important role they are allegedly assigned according to this doctrine?
    • How do they share in the development and supplying of the spiritual "food"?
    • What sort of input do any of the thousands of FDS members around the globe have into the deliberations or decisions of the GB?
    • How does the GB reach out to the FDS class to seek and obtain their input?

If the FDS is the "collective congregation of anointed ones" and it is them that is Jehovah's "appointed channel of communication" then why aren't THEY the ones that are providing the "spiritual food" and not the 7 or so members of the GB? (see Informant, January 1956, p. 1)

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Where else could she go? <------- This is the problem.

• jonathan dough
    jonathan dough

I can relate to that, entirely. Their minds have been taken over. THAT'S why they don't want their captives going on to higher education because it teaches one to think critically and see right through the nonsense. If you show them a cow, they will say it is a horse which they alone can see because they have been granted special powers of observation.

I didn't see any reference to the Bible in your attempts to prove her wrong. There's some information here you can use on her:

http://144000.110mb.com/607/index.html

Also, I think you're better off approaching it from 607, not 587. To a mathematical certainty, 607 cannot be proven under any circumstances. It's impossible. Once that is established in her mind, then maybe she will give 587 the benefit of the doubt more. Don't let her shift the burden to 587. The issue is 607.

And 607 is never right by default. Just because one can't prove 587, for the sake of argument, that doesn't make 607 correct.

What would be the best way to explain the 607 and 586/587 BC discrepency to my JW wife. Who is willing to see the evidence. I have Gentile Times Reconsidered but it is a very tough read. Are there any other ways to discuss this and break it down to something easier to understand?

They don't have 70 years, and the 70 years ended while the exiles were in Babylon, not when they returned to Palestine.

That Gentile Times information can be difficult to understand. Try changing her mind through Scripture. After all, they're the ones that claim the Bible is the final word, the ultimate authority. They don't have a leg to stand on. Tell her she needs proof of some kind. claiming it might be out there is not logical, and it is not proof.

Print this out and go through it with her word for word. It's a very solid argument.

http://144000.110mb.com/607/index.html

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Revelation 19:1, 2 - After these things I heard what was as a loud voice of a great crowd in heaven . They said: “Praise Jah, YOU people! The salvation and the glory and the power belong to our God, because his judgments are true and righteous.

• atrapado
  • atrapado
  • leavingwt
    leavingwt

atrapado: Welcome! Please use either Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome. This site does not support Internet Explorer 9.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Nah! It's not brainwashing!

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Try going through the latest 607 magazines, asking questions you get from the threads on them and from Doug Mason.

Target dishonesty and deception.

Remember that she won't get anything you tell her. She hasn't got it until she tells you the WT has been deceptive, so make her do the talking.

• atrapado
    atrapado

leavingwt ty. I feel discriminated.

Revelation 19:1, 2 since it uses "voice of" they can argue that is not the same great crowd.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit